Status bar

legoiii

Reaction score
Anybody else having this problem? I am using handcent, I have disabled notification on stock messages and disabled notification on handcent messages, also uninstalled and reinstalled, handcent, but still periodically get message notification on status bar.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's the icon? The stock app and Handcent have different notification icons in the notification bar. If you note which app the notification is from then you've narrowed it down. No need to change all the notifications and still not know what the source is.

jessaw1981

Reaction score
I have had lots of issues with hand sent. I loved it at first. It started laging really bad froze my phone but the deal breaker was when it sent a pic message to my mil that was sent to my husband. ;) I checked with Verizon and yes it was sent to her my phone said it was sent to my husband. Lol so I removed handsent and have had no problem since ! Thank goodness my mil can't get pic messages. ;)

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

OP
L

legoiii

Reaction score
It is from the stock message notification, I do know that, the funny thing is I have been using Handcent for about a year, without having this problem, it started happening about two weeks ago, all of a sudden-any hoo, if you have both notifications unchecked it should not be alerting in either, thatz the problem