Star Wars: The Force Awakens Quick Poll - Did you see it opening weekend? [SPOILERS]

Did you see Star Wars: The Force Awakens on opening weekend?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
retro-style-trailer-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpeg

*SPOILER ALERT!* *SPOILER ALERT!* *SPOILER ALERT!* *SPOILER ALERT!*

Here's a fun Star Wars: The Force Awakens quick poll. We are curious to find out who went to see it already. The movie opened to a record breaking opening weekend. Did any of our awesome members go see it yet?

Feel free to discuss it here...This thread is for fans to enjoy and discuss the movie. If you actually saw it and did not like it, then feel free to share why. If you do NOT like Star Wars and do NOT intend to see it, please do NOT bash it here, "This is not the thread you are looking for. Move along."

FINAL WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT... DON'T READ THIS THREAD!!! *SPOILERS AHEAD!*

Here's the poll:
Did you see Star Wars: The Force Awakens on opening weekend?
  • Yes
  • No

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes. Opening night. Jabba the hut was sitting behind me and she talked the whole time. This was my first movie I almost got thrown out of.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
She should have been the one thrown out, not you. Some people need to learn some manners.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Saw it Sunday evening as I had to see why had people were losing their heads over it. I thought it was a decent movie. I guess Star Wars fans may love it but for me, a non Star Wars fan, I felt it was a decent movie. Maybe not an opening nighter for a non fan, but definitely something to check out on the big screen. I caught the matinee.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I liked the movie for what it was. I didn't lose my mind when certain characters appeared on the screen. Nor did I clap or cheer during the movie. Guess I should have known going to opening night would have all the diehards and weirdos.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I liked the movie for what it was. I didn't lose my mind when certain characters appeared on the screen. Nor did I clap or cheer during the movie. Guess I should have known going to opening night would have all the diehards and weirdos.

You can not underestimate the power of the force (aka diehard Star Wars fans).
There are people who left work, stayed up all night to watch Star Wars opening night (some did a double feature), and went to work that morning with a big can of monster like they were out partying all night. When I saw people doing that I laughed hard. Like "you stayed up all night with no sleep over a movie....gtfo". Sunday after service all the stores were packed and my niners didnt play until later (which the sucked by the way). So while I waited I dropped one down to check it out as I had to see the hype.

I am sure I would have made fans mad cuz had one of them asked me how I felt I probably would have gone "eh....I mean it was decent...I mean not to the point of losing sleep or my mind over...not ground breaking ..but it entertained, I mean I could have been ok with catching it on rental".

In all honesty I walked out ok with it but not even thinking much about it later. Now that may be a curse word to fans but Star Wars was never something I gravitated to.

By the way this post gave me an idea but I really do want to hijack @dgstorm thread so ill post it under it.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched it Sunday afternoon. We were the first ones in line for the 2:40 3D showing. We originally got there at 1PM for the 2PM showing, but the line for seating was big enough that I decided to wait for the next one. My GF and I didn't mind waiting. We just chatted and relaxed.

I usually don't watch movies on opening weekend, but I knew it would be nearly impossible to avoid spoilers for a couple of weeks, so we went on an impulse.

I would say the movie was great but not fantastic. Some of it felt a bit "rushed" and some older ideas from the original movies were obviously "rehashed," but it wasn't so bad it ruined the experience. In some ways, I kinda liked that it tread familiar ground. It was almost like "history is repeating itself" in a philosophical way within the context of the film universe. If you go into the film with that perspective I think you will enjoy it more.

I will also say that it resonated in my mind longer than I expected. That's probably because it leaves so many questions unanswered. I also really like the character of Rey. It's nice to see strong female lead characters for a change.

Overall, I feel like it is a solid start to a new generation for the fictional universe. I suspect the next two movies will be even better, and actually look forward to them even more (whenever they come). I also suspect that extra watchings/viewings of this film will be even more enjoyable, which is a good hallmark to have.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I watched it Sunday afternoon. We were the first ones in line for the 2:40 3D showing. We originally got there at 1PM for the 2PM showing, but the line for seating was big enough that I decided to wait for the next one. My GF and I didn't mind waiting. We just chatted and relaxed.
I usually don't watch movies on opening weekend, but I knew it would be nearly impossible to avoid spoilers for a couple of weeks, so we went on an impulse.

I would say the movie was great but not fantastic. Some of it felt a bit "rushed" and some older ideas from the original movies were obviously "rehashed," but it wasn't so bad it ruined the experience. In some ways, I kinda liked that it tread familiar ground. It was almost like "history is repeating itself" in a philosophical way within the context of the film universe. If you go into the film with that perspective I think you will enjoy it more.

I will also say that it resonated in my mind longer than I expected. That's probably because it leaves so many questions unanswered. I also really like the character of Rey. It's nice to see strong female lead characters for a change.

Overall, I feel like it is a solid start to a new generation for the fictional universe. I suspect the next two movies will be even better, and actually look forward to them even more (whenever they come). I also suspect that extra watchings of this film will be even more enjoyable, which is a good hallmark to have.

Good point, yeah I felt like it was a reboot that was meant to honor the past, re-excite the fans, and get them to want to follow them along the journey that they are wanting to go in the future.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
We took our boys to see it Sunday night....We did the 3D showing. My first 3D movie! I was very impressed! I personally think the movie was awesome! Only I didn't care for was the ending.....all the hype about Luke then he doesn't even talk?!? SMH!!!

from my sexy edge+

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We took our boys to see it Sunday night....We did the 3D showing. My first 3D movie! I was very impressed! I personally think the movie was awesome! Only I didn't care for was the ending.....all the hype about Luke then he doesn't even talk?!? SMH!!!

from my sexy edge+

Who's Luke?

marvel-casts-luke-cage-in-netflix-series.jpg

Just kidding....I better stop messing with Star Wars' fans.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Daredevil and a fantastic 4 coffee mug.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By the way for those that are Star Wars fans, please do not think I am being hostile. I am saying that in fun but we all have something we geek out about whether it be cars, bikes, tech, comics, sneakers, comicbook movies, etc. Like what you like and do not care if someone doesn't, unless what you like is a crime or is meant to cause harm to someone else (ie torturing people, underage kids, etc).

Star Wars may not be a big deal for me but if you are one who can not stop thinking about it and plan on seeing it again multiple times than do you. Hey may the force be with you and may your love for the series re-awaken as this is definitely a much needed movie for fans who had the prequels.

So you Star Wars fans ....we good now?
Please put down the pitchforks I was joking about Rocket Raccoon being in the movie......or was I?
Bet you did not see the post credit scene.

NE1AIm8imRZ647_2_b.jpg

I'm not going to spoil it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
By the way for those that are Star Wars fans, please do not think I am being hostile. I am saying that in fun but we all have something we geek out about whether it be cars, bikes, tech, comics, sneakers, comicbook movies, etc. Like what you like and do not care if someone doesn't, unless what you like is a crime or is meant to cause harm to someone else (ie torturing people, underage kids, etc).

Star Wars may not be a big deal for me but if you are one who can not stop thinking about it and plan on seeing it again multiple times than do you. Hey may the force be with you and may your love for the series re-awaken as this is definitely a much needed movie for fans who had the prequels.

So you Star Wars fans ....we good now?
Please put down the pitchforks I was joking about Rocket Raccoon being in the movie......or was I?
Bet you did not see the post credit scene.

NE1AIm8imRZ647_2_b.jpg

I'm not going to spoil it.
Dude...I'm in tears....

fneve

Reaction score
Yes! In Imax 3D. I even got my girl to go and we both loved it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk