standby/airplane app?

DuctTape

Reaction score
I did some searches but could not find a thread that really pertained to my question. if I missed it, i apologize in advance to all those who find previously answered questions annoying...

I was wondering if there was an app (or a setting) which could (in part) do the following: In an area where there is no signal (i am often in places where there is no coverage, rare for most) the phone would turn to airplane mode (or at least give the user the options of what signal to turn on/off) and then at (user determined intervals) turn back on to check for a signal.

I have noticed that my phone does not have a signal 60% of the time (according to the battery use details).

Does this make any sense to anyone?

OP
DuctTape

DuctTape

Reaction score
Thank you. I have figured out how to do these things manually, but am looking for an automatic option.

I would like to know if there is a way to have it auto-detect when there is no signal and then automatically go into airplane mode (or some other user defined settings) and not have to do this manually.

slammed

Reaction score
i havent played with it yet, but from what i hear/read 'locale' may do the job.

OP
DuctTape

DuctTape

Reaction score
I heard of it. I will check it out. Thanks.

If anyone else has a suggestion, I would love to hear it.

QiG

Reaction score
Locale may not be what you're looking for because it relies on GPS and may use more battery than necessary.

OP
DuctTape

DuctTape

Reaction score
I did check out locale. It seems like a cool app, but not what i was looking for. If what I need isn't currently available, maybe some app dev looking for a seemingly simple project might just code one.

At the very least I am sure there is a way to make a 1-touch shortcut to go to airplane mode, but I can't figure it out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
hold down the power button and it's right there....

airplane mode

OP
DuctTape

DuctTape

Reaction score
cool. thanks. strange how I missed that all this time.

here's to hoping some app developer can make my (well one of them) dream come true so I don't to do this manually.

Starsushi

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but I rarely travel...

When would you use airplane mode/what does it do?

bass_lover1

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but I rarely travel...

When would you use airplane mode/what does it do?

The name is self explanatory. It's main purpose is when traveling on airplanes, instead of shutting the phone off, it turns off every single radio instantly.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
what's so difficult with "hold down power button and hit 'airplane'" No app needed.

He's wanting the phone to automatically go into airplane mode if he loses signal. I like the idea behind it, it'll automatically save battery power instead of searching for towers that aren't there.