Sprint's New Ad Trolls Verizon and AT&T; Teases Another Superbowl Ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The above ad shows Sprint offering to apologize to Verizon and AT&T for previous ads in which Sprint compared the two companies to a sheep while advertising Sprint's Half-Rate Plan. This new ad also teases that Sprint plans to show off a new commercial during the Superbowl 3rd Quarter and that Verizon and AT&T should watch it for the apology.

It seems obvious that Sprint is trolling Big Red and The Empire, so we can't wait to see the final Superbowl ad.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sprint has the worst network. I guess if you happen to live in their preferred network areas it's cool, but everyone -without fail- that I talk to that is on Sprint sounds horrible on the phone.

Sprint couldn't pay me to use their service.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel like they're trying to pull a T-mobile with these ads. "Oh! Look at us! We're so hip and edgy. We don't even care. You all suck."

Totally agree with Ollie though. Maybe I've just spent too much of my time in the wrong parts of the country, but I've never met anyone who's had a good time being on Sprint's network.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like they're trying to pull a T-mobile with these ads. "Oh! Look at us! We're so hip and edgy. We don't even care. You all suck."

Totally agree with Ollie though. Maybe I've just spent too much of my time in the wrong parts of the country, but I've never met anyone who's had a good time being on Sprint's network.
If you have Boost, Virgin, etc in supposedly good Sprint areas you'll have better service than if you're in Sprint itself and the pre paid use Sprint cells. I've seen it with my own eyes here in central Virginia.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I had Sprint MANY MANY MANY years ago and it was terrible. Today, I know a few Sprint people and they love the service.

I'm guessing they are going to apologize to sheep for the insult.
I love this type of advertising.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sprint has the worst network. I guess if you happen to live in their preferred network areas it's cool, but everyone -without fail- that I talk to that is on Sprint sounds horrible on the phone.

Sprint couldn't pay me to use their service.
I'll have to disagree with you here. I've been with Sprint since 1999 and I have had the opposite experience. I have never had anyone tell me that I sound unclear, and in fact have experienced the opposite. Perhaps it's just your area, or perhaps the people you spoke with on Sprint had crappy phones. I have some friends and family who have had more problems with their carriers' service than I have ever had with Sprint.

I am sure there are folks with different experiences, so it isn't that one perspective cancels out the other. Maybe Sprint is horrible in certain parts of the country, but I have had great experiences with Sprint in every city I lived or travelled in including: Malibu, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond, Las Vegas, Austin (and throughout Texas), and Orlando.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'll have to disagree with you here. I've been with Sprint since 1999 and I have had the opposite experience. I have never had anyone tell me that I sound unclear, and in fact have experienced the opposite. Perhaps it's just your area, or perhaps the people you spoke with on Sprint had crappy phones. I have some friends and family who have had more problems with their carriers' service than I have ever had with Sprint.

I am sure there are folks with different experiences, so it isn't that one perspective cancels out the other. Maybe Sprint is horrible in certain parts of the country, but I have had great experiences with Sprint in every city I lived or travelled in including: Malibu, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond, Las Vegas, Austin (and throughout Texas), and Orlando.

I guess it all depends where you are. They all have high end devices.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... maybe Sprint is better in the lower half of the country, which probably makes sense.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It depends on where you are located. I had Sprint in San Jose, CA and when we moved to Pittsburgh it also was decent. Then we switched to VZW and the Verizon network was much better. We move to Eastern PA in 2009 and Sprint is TERRIBLE here and VZW is second to none. Of all carriers I would rank 1. VZW 2. AT&T 3. Sprint 4. T-M. I'm sure if I was somewhere else in the U.S. the rankings would change. But, Sprint gives you what you pay for. For me, I want reliability.

shockracer

Reaction score
I live outside Denver, north about 30 minutes and every family member and friend we have over have 1 bar cell service. They always want to use the WiFi. From what I have seen, if you are using Sprint in a bigger city it works great, even better if you never travel anywhere. As soon as any of our friends or family hit the highway or trails or go camping with us they lose signal, I know this because they always ask to use the wife's or my cell phone on VZW.