Sprint Trolls T-Mobile Hard by Sending Gift Baskets with Job Applications to their Employees

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-sends-t-mo-job-apps.jpg

While it is a normal holiday tradition to send gift baskets to employees, the etiquette is usually to do it for your own employees, not your rivals. Sprint has started sending gift baskets with job applications inside to T-Mobile employees... how very cheeky of them!

Each gift basket includes candy, snacks and a card with an inscription from Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure. On the front it reads, "Our companies compete to take business from each other throughout the year but this is the season of giving. So enjoy these treats from Sprint. Happy Holidays, Marcelo." On the back it reads, "Let's move forward, together," and includes a link to the Sprint recruiting landing webpage.

T-Mobile execs have done their best to cover it up. They instructed their employees to throw the baskets away and not let anyone know they received them. It looks like at least one person ignored these orders. Ironically, this sounds exactly like something T-Mobile's CEO, John Legere would do. He is probably kicking himself that he didn't think of it first.

While the whole thing is pretty silly, it is certainly entertaining to watch this strange war brewing between the US carriers. Be sure to grab some popcorn for this one!

Source: TMoNews

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious, and besides, they're giving them candy, I wouldn't throw it away that's for sure.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a little fun between some of these companies, it's just a little rivalry and it can have some pretty amusing results like this.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I don't know how I feel about this.... Part of me finds it very clever and funny... The other part finds it very childish and what seems to be a large waste of money from a company who is publicly hurting for money....

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I see nothing wrong with this. It's a good market tool too.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Probably logging everyone who goes to it.