Sprint Plans to Offer In Home Delivery and Setup of Smartphones & Tablets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sprint has un uphill battle to try and play "catch up" with Verizon and AT&T while it competes with T-Mobile. Because of that, the Now Network is throwing every idea at the wall until one sticks. Their latest concept is a bit odd, but intriguing. They plan to hire 5,000 employees and pair them up with 5,000 vehicles emblazoned with Sprint advertising, with the intention of offering "in home delivery and setup" of smartphones and tablets on the Sprint network.

Here's a quote with more of the details,

U.S. wireless operator Sprint is now offering to deliver and set up phones, tablets and other connected devices for free at homes, offices and other locations chosen by the customer.

The offer is currently limited to eligible upgrade customers, but starting September, new customers in selected markets will be able to choose the new Direct 2 You option, when buying online or through call centers.

Launching in Kansas City metropolitan area on Monday, the program will be expanded across the country using about 5,000 branded cars and employing 5,000 staff by year end. A rollout in Miami and Chicago is scheduled for April 20.

Deliveries will be limited to specific zones, and the service will include the he Sprint rep transferring content from your older phone, as well as a tutorial for your new device. It sounds good in theory, but it seems like a service which will have a limited appeal. What do you think?

Source: PCWorld

Thanks for the tip, @Jeffrey!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Interesting indeed. However I do think it's going to end up costing them alot more than they think. I don't see this working long term. They should instead invest that money into expanding their extremely limited network, but that's just me. I think it's great they are trying something new.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
5000 employees plus 5000 cars.. at least they are supporting the economy.

Reactions: cr6