Sprint Plans to Deploy Advanced-LTE and VoLTE in 2013

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
after my experiences w sprint I'd never go back to that company not even for 100gbps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
after my experiences w sprint I'd never go back to that company not even for 100gbps

I have had the opposite experience with Sprint. Verizon has been the one that has been the greediest and disappointing CS wise.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have had the opposite experience with Sprint. Verizon has been the one that has been the greediest and disappointing CS wise.

I have to agree, I have had some pretty bad customer service with Big Red. I like the OP because it means more choices for networks. I have a few friends in my area that already have Sprint and their service is just fine. Of course it's not as fast as LTE but it sounds like it will be soon.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have to disagree with the both of you above. In my personal experience, Big Red is by far the best. Had ATT for 2+ years and the continued to screw up my bill almost every single month. More then half the time I called they didnt understand the charge either and just had to give me credit for it on my next bill. Not to mention half the time I called I dropped the call, which meant navigating through the menu prompts, and possibly wait time, to speak to a rep again and resolve the matter. Not to mention getting directed to wrong departments at times. VZW, I called twice, the first time they quickly realized there was a glitch and the system was billing us twice, solved in under 5 mins. Second time was for a replacement for my original D2G, and despite being in the RMA department the guy was able to resolve my billing question in less then 5 minuets again.

Kiss your ISP goodbye. 100 megs down anywhere you go. All you need is an aircard.

I wouldn't got that far...atleast not for people who use a lot of bandwidth considering the new caps they are putting in place.

Last edited:

chuckz28

Reaction score
I'm no expert but Wikipedia says LTE theoretical peak is over 100mbps and LTE Advanced is 1Gbps.
The LTE specification provides downlink peak rates of at least 100*Mbit/s. they call LTE 3.9G
4G—also called IMT Advanced as defined by the International Telecommunication Union—such as peak data rates up to 1*Gbit/s. Big difference.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

no doubt Verizon is greedy and expensive but every issue I have they take care of it.... sprint cut my service because I was behind one month (college days just forgot) and they had the worst pos phones that kept breaking and never had good service always drop calls... I ended up paying whatever the termination was back then and came to Verizon.... cell service and data is and has always been great

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sprint was terrible for dropped calls, but I've been on VZW for like 8 years. I also don't get the "greedy/expensive" thing - I pay the same at VZW as I would at AT&T or Sprint, maybe an extra $5 (small price to pay for better coverage and service).

My only complaint is I think I got gypped out of my NE2 when I got my Droid because I didn't know to ask for it