Sprint will launch 10 LTE Markets by mid-year

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sprintgnex1.jpeg

Sprint Nextel will launch LTE service in 10 markets by mid-year according to CEO Dan Hesse. He says that four of those 10 markets will be Atlanta, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston, Texas.

Sprint's extensive Network Vision upgrade will deploy LTE using the company's 1900 MHz spectrum and have plans to launch at least 12 new LTE devices this year. Thats quite a LTE line-up right out of the gate. Interesting to note that today's leak of Sprints version of the Samsung Galaxy (above) possibly arriving in February is probably a long shot based on this information.

Via: Fierce Wireless

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll be more reliable than Verizon LTE

X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
IDK, after having both, I'm actually considering going back. Verizon pisses me off in their business practices and customer service.

X

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hopefully it'll be more reliable than Verizon LTE

X

I wouldn't hold my breath. One of the biggest issues is that verizon is a CDMA network trying to deploy a GSM network, and have the two work together. Sprint has to do the same thing. So unless Sprint has come up with a better way I'm expecting them to have the same issues.

My personal guess is AT&T will have a much smoother start up. Though, who knows what other issues may arise.

As for this Sprint news....

I really don't know what to think. Sprint had some great WiMAX phones, but in reality the WiMAX coverage was so small that even if you got a WiMAX phone you most likely had to use it with EVDO. Which makes me wonder how aggressive will they be with LTE deployment.