"Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" Tactical RPG

dbuglio

Reaction score
I for one am happy to see the android platform get a quality (if its 1gb+ of data you know its quality) game rather then a 2 month old gameloft port of a IOS game that has ran its course.

Thank you for contributing to the android platform, regardless of what the critics say.

OP
H

hyperdevbox

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, we fixed the loading issues on the Android version :) , the game is also playing in Higher Resolution than the original PSP. In addition, I thought I had to share this "detailed" Gamefaq on Spectral Souls , it is for the English PSP version but works also for the Android version since they are sharing the same features :p

GameFAQs: Spectral Souls: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires (PSP) FAQ by DB27

biggles

Reaction score
I was going to check this out but 14 dollars...

Do not compare the price to cell phone games, but to psp or ds games. This is a full fledged handheld game so it cannot just cost a few bucks. Comparable to Chaos Rings for iPhone which was priced at $13.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's my take on the pricing. I have absolutely NO problem with the price of the game itself. However, with the new market policy of a 15 minute refund window; and a 1GB download for the game data; a free trial version is a must. I will take a chance on a game that is only a couple of bucks without trying it out first; but $15 is lunch money for 3 days.

I have no doubt that this is an awesome game; but without a free trial there is no way I will ever know, since i'm not spending ~$15 unless I can try it out.

Devs, create a demo version of this with a time limit on play or something, that way people can trial it. I am sure that once folks get to play it, they would have no problems paying for the full version.

SpykeZ

Reaction score
I agree with the above. I generally hate cell phone games because they're so shallow and with the fragmentation of android devices, how will I even know this works as it should on my handset?

Every other top rated game on the market includes a lite version so people can get a taste of what it's going to cost.

I'll try it out when theres a demo.

Varking

Reaction score
They posted this on another site but if your system can not handle the game, it will not let you start downloading the data. If you can install the game, it should be playable. I will see if I can find the link:

EDIT: Here it is: Spectral Souls is out on the Android Market now! - Page 2 - Android Forums

Here is the quote:

Our games are designed to take advantage of recent hardware, we have support for neon for example , there is no real reason to make a list on our game description because there is not list, if the game is not supported then you will get a hardware check message at the boot, so you'll have the time refund, then if the game proceed to the install, the game should run, if not, just hit a mail to our support explaining the issue and if confirmed , we shall refund you

and this:

The game has a hardware check, if the hardware is not supported, you can ask the refund right away within the 15 mn. If the game let you install the data then... you can play the game, the game runs even on a G1 google , not very good performances, granted but it works and is playable. If we discover one problem with a particular device, our policy is to refund right away, fix the issue and let the customer know about the new version

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, going against what I said; I decided to buy this. To all the doubters out there, this game is awesome. Truly brought me back to my younger days playing games such as this on SNES with my brother and my friends. I should have known it would be good, coming from the dev house that brought Ex-Zeus to the Droid back in the earlier days of Droid gaming. Anyways, turns out the pricing IS fair, like alot of folks have mentioned; this is equivalent to something you'd find on a DS cartridge or a PSP UMD. And load times are nonexistant. If this game has any flaws, it's that the computer is too good at the pong game that you get to play while the data is downloading.