Crusade of Destiny => 3D RPG with awesome graphics is on the way

sunnyday76

Reaction score
As a concept proof it works great. Their other game looks almost like a hand held oblivion from the screens. My provlem with it lies beyond that. With the lack of development in the game itself. That's why I said it was good for 5 to 10 year olds. I know im being hard on it which is why I called it biased and stated I prefer hardcore rpgs. For me though I give it a 5 out of 10. Pretty solid for a concept piece

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
look for example at castle guard 2. THAT was released unfinnished. But in COD you can solve quests, explore the world, level up, gain new spells and weapons and armor. I dont really know whats proof of concept here cause in my opinion everything works well. And DVIDEARTS is just a one-man-company. So Jopacus did all by hisself. i have big respect for this and i really like the game :). But well tastes are different. And well caligo chaser and dungeon hunters are more complexe. But they have a larger company behind them.

sunnyday76

Reaction score
definitely impressive that it was done by one guy. I like the battle controls alot. it is easy to switch between sword bow and magic. reminiscent of fables. The fact that the mobs dropped items leads me to believe he might be working towards a crafting option in the game. maybe even something along the lines of the crafting classes in ffxi. my biggest problem was the limit to the weapons and customization. with dungeon hunter and caligo chaser you could either find or create weapons with different attributes and stats and also you had some say in the way your char stats developed through the lvls. to me that is what i most enjoy with rpgs. watching my chars develop molding there stats and abilities and discovering new gear with odd or interesting effects. I guess after having 3 75 jobs in ffxi and playing games like fables and oblivion i have become jaded in what i expect out of an rpg. that being said the way i see it if this is the adolescent version of the engine that will grow up to become land of legend i will be one of the first to download it

oc noob

Reaction score
definitely impressive that it was done by one guy. I like the battle controls alot. it is easy to switch between sword bow and magic. reminiscent of fables. The fact that the mobs dropped items leads me to believe he might be working towards a crafting option in the game. maybe even something along the lines of the crafting classes in ffxi. my biggest problem was the limit to the weapons and customization. with dungeon hunter and caligo chaser you could either find or create weapons with different attributes and stats and also you had some say in the way your char stats developed through the lvls. to me that is what i most enjoy with rpgs. watching my chars develop molding there stats and abilities and discovering new gear with odd or interesting effects. I guess after having 3 75 jobs in ffxi and playing games like fables and oblivion i have become jaded in what i expect out of an rpg. that being said the way i see it if this is the adolescent version of the engine that will grow up to become land of legend i will be one of the first to download it

Welcome to the world of lowered expectations for mobility/cost.

All the great games you named are developed by hundreds of people with tens of millions of dollars invested into them so if you don't put things in perspective anything on the Droid/iPhone looks pretty pathetic. They also charge $50-60 for those games in a market much, much bigger than the droid gaming market.

Compared to anything (RPG/Action RPG) on the Droid with 3d graphics it is clearly the best we have so far. Relax, enjoy the portability, the low price point and watch the progression of indie devs on the platform. It'll never be console gaming, but we can still appriciate it for what it is.

ps its Fable :)

solar

Reaction score
I have to agree to Noob and Mustang. You have to appreciate the game based on realistic expectations and discerning facts. Expecting modern console gaming on a phone just isn't going to happen right now. You have to take into account the manpower behind the game, the amount of money available for development and the time available. I'm sure the dev is not just makin a living of of android games and has to keep a "day job" for now.

I think this is game and games like it show great promise and its exciting playing these games if only to see the evolution of mobile phone gaming and it attempts to bridge the gap between itself and fully powered modern PC or console gaming. Even on a legitimate mobile gaming console like the PSP you have to keep you expectations in line with the capabilities of the platform.

I love seeing these new step in gaming and I applaud the developer.

BPB

Reaction score
Yes! +1. I can remember when phones were used for talking to other humans. It really wasn't all that long ago that games like this would have been unheard of on a phone.
Give the developer credit! Plus, it is a well done game to play for a bit at a time, even if it is like Fable. I really can't see much of anything to objectively criticize. Games like this are only a sign of better and better games to come.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
yeah i know, i wrote the runes thread too and gave the link for beta testing :). but this one looks definately a lot nicer in my opinion - just in terms of graphics of course. the fights in runes are 3d but the game itself isnt right now. but im looking forward for runes too. all comments depending on runes you can write in this thread :

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-runes-beta-test-create-your-account-now.html

greets :)

i know this is an old post, but from the runes trailers, the gameplay looks like it has nothing to do with the original post. not even similar in terms of game genre