Special cases to use with the extended battery

setlab

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get a extended battery for my droidx, is there any cases out there that won't work with that battery?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

joker402

Reaction score
Well I know for a fact that the otterbox committed works.but not the body glove. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX

cpjr

Reaction score
Yup I got the otterbox commuter, works great.

The Verizon case/belt clip combo will work, but only if you keep the battery door off the phone, which works fine the case covers it.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
A few people on the various forums have posted that the Otterbox Defender also works with the extended battery (the Otterbox website says it doesn't, but it apparently does). I am using the Otterbox Commuter case and it fits well with the extended.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well i can tell you this i am using the extended battery with the original back cover its a bit tight but works well and it fits perfectly, also its not really that much a difference and i dont think that the extended battery backplate will cause any issue, if it does not work just use your stock backplate that will work fine and will save you extra money

bobsdroidx

Reaction score
Im using an extended battery with no back case. Using a silicone case with the case/holster combo from verizon.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I confirmed that the Otterbox Commuter and Defender both work with extended battery. I use the Commuter and I installed the Defender on Dad's DX - both phones use extended battery and extended battery door.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well i can tell you this i am using the extended battery with the original back cover its a bit tight but works well and it fits perfectly, also its not really that much a difference and i dont think that the extended battery backplate will cause any issue, if it does not work just use your stock backplate that will work fine and will save you extra money

this will cause stress that can cause physical damage. Its your phone but just a warning...