Extended battery

mikehal38

Reaction score
Has anyone bought an extended battery from ebay? If so how were your results? I found one for about $ 18 that comes with the extended battery door and just wondering if anyone has given it a shot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sandnut

Reaction score
Is this the Motorola BH6X, or a third party battery?

FWIW, I have the BH6X, and it makes it through most days (by comparison the 5X had to be charged every day).

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
It is the 5x.

OP
M

mikehal38

Reaction score
It says 3000mah.

azndan2

Reaction score
my dad just bought me one from HK. its 3500 Mah. ill post pics and results after a few days :) feel free to pm me if i forget to update

travisn000

Reaction score

dAi

Reaction score
I bought one off ebay the BH6X and I think it is fake because it drains as the standard battery and drains 10% every hour

ajb3985

Reaction score
Was it new and still in motorola plastic?

dAi

Reaction score
yea, it was new and i just contacted motorola and it is genuine original, but i don't notice a big difference from the standard battery...it feels like it drains about the same with one hour extra of difference...

dominick_7

Reaction score
For extended batteries you need to let it fully charge and full drain several times to activate the full potential of it's capacity and calibrate it. The power of the battery will usually not be noticeable until that occurs. Sometimes if that doesn't work formatting your phone does the trick. But you never know with eBay batteries..

asaunders

Reaction score
I just bought the BH6X from the Verizon store on Wednesday. I don't see much difference in battery life. I have my background data turned off anc screen down to low. The only thing that I think may be a factor is the building I'm in. As soon as we get inside, there is little to no signal. It was suggested that I try to reset the phone so that it attenpts to get the closest tower. I'm ready to take this battery back because it is NOT extending. Any ideas?

McBain01

Reaction score
I just bought the BH6X from the Verizon store on Wednesday. I don't see much difference in battery life. I have my background data turned off anc screen down to low. The only thing that I think may be a factor is the building I'm in. As soon as we get inside, there is little to no signal. It was suggested that I try to reset the phone so that it attenpts to get the closest tower. I'm ready to take this battery back because it is NOT extending. Any ideas?

Read the post before yours. Also use something like cpu tuner (if rooted) and/or tasker to really manage and maximize battery use. I actually underclock my DX regularly to 800mhz and see no diminish from stock performance. I use tasker to activate gps only on specific apps and use it to manage the phone in airplane only mode during sleeping hours. Easily get 24-36 hours out of the extended battery with moderate to heavy use.

dAi

Reaction score
For extended batteries you need to let it fully charge and full drain several times to activate the full potential of it's capacity and calibrate it. The power of the battery will usually not be noticeable until that occurs. Sometimes if that doesn't work formatting your phone does the trick. But you never know with eBay batteries..

So your saying to let it fully charge to 100% ans let it die out several times? And how do you calibrate the battery? Motorola told me to let it charge for no more than 4hrs?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do NOT do that! Lithium-ion batteries don't "learn" like the older batteries did. Drain no more than once a month to calibrate. They don't like being discharged! As for overcharging, you can leave it plugged up and it won't hurt anything. Otherwise, you couldn't tether for longer than 4 hours at a time.

DroidForums Junkie!!