Special Announcement: Motorola Smart Actions Developer Coming to DF

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hopefully he'll provide bootloader unlock keys :biggrin:. Nice to see though nonetheless.
Thats what im afraid of, people are gonna be bugging hin about things like this and might run him outta here. I dont think thats his field in development so please dont bug him about bootloader issues.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Once again welcome to DF and thank you for being here with us!!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Congrats! This is awesome, any improvement between the company and its users is welcome....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to our great forum... what exactly 'can' we get in terms of support from you?

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Yes!!!! This could be very valuable. We have 4 Motorola bionic's in my family!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbk,
Any Smart Actions related questions, suggestions, comments. Just looking to make the app as good as possible.

MistaShowtime,
"Oh no'z Moto has sent a spy! Haha j/k"

and I'm watching you.... ha ha

SANhacker

Reaction score
Smart_Actions,
Is there a way to base triggers on the lack of or "NOT" conditions.
i.e. If I am not within a known Wi-Fi signal I would like to turn on cellular data.
Thanks for any help.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I gave up on Motorola devices for numerous reasons. Its good to see this though, because this is the type of insider info Moto needs to start making steps in the right direction. As we all always say here, 99% of android users don't even know what version of Android they are on...let alone what's causing the issues they run into. There's tons of good info on here for Moto to utilize (besides just smart actions). This is a very good idea, and I hope other manufacturers follow suit. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Mbk,
Any Smart Actions related questions, suggestions, comments. Just looking to make the app as good as possible.

MistaShowtime,
"Oh no'z Moto has sent a spy! Haha j/k"

and I'm watching you.... ha ha

surprised-cat-gasp.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
mattlgroff,
Ok I understand what you're wanting and this has been added to my list of suggestion. My question is why would you leave your phone at home? Or are you talking future Smart Action enabled thingies?

WheresMyDroid app seem like a nice little app

saintlikesniper,
I'm not part of product planning so I don't know if it's coming to Droid 3.
I have quite a few devices with smart actions enabled, leaving them at home is necessary. My pant pockets complain if I bring 2 Maxxs, a Razr, and a D4 :p

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I have quite a few devices with smart actions enabled, leaving them at home is necessary. My pant pockets complain if I bring 2 Maxxs, a Razr, and a D4 :p

But think of all the compliments you'd get!

Hey you happy to see me, or do you just got a bunch of phones in your pockets ;) ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I do have a few questions if you have the time. I have a Bionic, so no Smart Actions at this point, so perhaps these are obvious to anyone running the application. As many of the actions are location dependant, is GPS on and tracking a necessity? I immediately tended to discount any battery savings that might be gained from the smart actions by being required to have my GPS active. If my location can be gleened from the coarse tower locate, or even proximity to my home WIFI network I would tend to think it would be a more pallatable option for those of us who do have battery concerns. Perhaps you have a link to some source where those of us who are wondering how things work can find answers.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum,

Craig