Speaker

thunderboltnewbie

Reaction score
Is anyone else's speaker so loud that i hurts your ear when on the phone? i have the volume all the way down but you can hear who i'm talking to as if i had them on speaker....

xxcrys16xx

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The TB is the first device I've ever had where I needed to turn the in call volume all the way down to save my ear drum lol. Now, if only I could say that about video playback.. :-/

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MTBryan

Reaction score
Mine does this after I've been on my bluetooth, then disconnect.
Try turning the volume all the way up while on a call, then back down again. It should then be at a normal level.

Sent from my TBolt, using DroidForums

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Maybe it is just mine but the speaker is really quiet. When watching YouTube or other videos it is sometimes impossible to hear at all. Then if my girlfriend plays the same video on her iPhone I could hear it in the next room. Anybody else notice the quiet speaker?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the speakers are kind of quite on this device. I don't really know of a fix other than rooting and trying different kernels maybe.

ABQNM

Reaction score
There is a good app out there that increases volume on 2.3 ROMs. It says it may not work on stock roms so if you are stock you can try the free version first (it doesn't get loud enough but it will let you see if it works). https://market.android.com/details?id=com.TEST.android.lvh It will let you increase the volume for the speaker, headset and bluetooth. It does not increase the in-call volume, however. That I have not been able to figure out yet. I am running MIUI right now and it works great, so I don't know if it works on stock or not.

jt6565

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this volume boost app? I am a bit worried it could damage my speaker.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this volume boost app? I am a bit worried it could damage my speaker.

I wouldn't increase it too much. You might blow the speaker.

Random ROM'd X

ABQNM

Reaction score
Just set it to 6 if you don't want to risk blowing the speaker. I set mine to 8 because sometimes I like a little extra volume on quiet sounds. Just keep the volume off max.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.