Spare battery and charger?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good place to pick up another battery and separate charger? I think I saw a charger on Ebay but it was in Aus.

And no, I'm not that worried about battery life on the Droid, this is just the setup I like with all phones. It works very well for me.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can pick up a spare battery on Verizon's website right now (or you could last night at least). You can pick up brand name chargers that will work with the Droid at Best Buy. They have a few options that are made to work with Motorola phones (micro usb).

OP
T

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Duh! I didn't think to check there. I'll probably pick up another battery from Verizon, more money to big red!

But as for chargers, I was hoping to find a wall mounted unit for the battery ONLY. This is the setup I have on my Storm1 right now and it works great, only plugging in to backup or mess with the OS (so, basically all day. :D)

I have an email into Seidio, I'm guessing it's not rocket surgery for them to make one up.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Won't be picking up a spare for alittle while. Once phones have been out for a couple months the batteries get cheap.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I wonder if this phone will have an issue with aftermarket battires the way my LG Voyager and Dare did.. CellPhoneShop had $9.99 batteries and the LG's won't allow you to use them.

I saw in the Verizon PDF for the Droid that there is actually a battery cradle available through them.. Not sure if it's available pre-release, but it will be.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Seems like you have to be a pretty heavy user with this phone to need an extra battery, but of course, there will be those that need one. As for chargers, I've been a huge fan of iGo tips. Have been using them for years with no issues. Plus, I'm saving on chargers just laying around.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad they made it universal that all cell-phones charger adapters are going to be micro-usb. That way you can just reuse the ones you already have.

OP
T

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Seems like you have to be a pretty heavy user with this phone to need an extra battery, but of course, there will be those that need one. As for chargers, I've been a huge fan of iGo tips. Have been using them for years with no issues. Plus, I'm saving on chargers just laying around.

The funny thing, is that I am not a heavy user. It's more of a convenience thing, and well worth it (for me anyway.) It also allows me to run one completely dead (which makes for happy batteries) and not have to have my phone on the wall for a while. More of a personal choice deal I suppose.

huesos13

Reaction score
i was hopin it was gna come w/ an extra battery like the instinct....

OP
T

thatguychuck

Reaction score
My store did not have the battery chargers in house, but they did have some in the system. I ordered a spare battery and the battery ONLY charger from them. Should be here in a few days,

Zippster

Reaction score
I'm going to wait until I see how "normal" usage holds up, I tore through the battery pretty well today, but was really working this baby.

OP
T

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Spare battery and charger arrived from Verizon today. Battery 39.99, charger 19.99, though I got 6 bucks off for corporate.

The charger actually connects to a micro sd cable, but the good news is that it comes with one! Much longer than the one that originally came with the phone. Bonus.

mact

Reaction score
We have been going thru battery pretty quickly. Too much Fun, I guess.<G>

The list price for a Motorola BP6X battery is $39.95. (but there's one on ebay for $44.95<G>) and that's what Verizon lists them at.

There is also a Nokia battery # BP6X battery--and they are avialble for way less. Anyone know if BP6X is definitive and that one maker's version is comparable in specs to another's?

I'm also looking into the Callpod "Fuel Tank"--a larger battery able to recharge the phones when we are away from plug in power...Amazon has a good price on the "Dup" (charges 2 phones at same time). Any otehr "reservoir" battery packs out there?