Spam, Calendar, and Text questions

hjustmann

Reaction score
1. How do I stop SPAM from coming to my phone:
I have 2 email accounts. One is sbcglobal that I have to keep because that's how everyone knows me. Spam gets seperated on my PC, with Spam going to the spam folder. Not on my phone; I get tons of SPAM. Not sure if they are coming from my SBC or Gmail account?

I get very few emails from Gmail. Ocaissionally I will and Spam goes to the Spam folder, and good emails to the Gmail inbox.
3. Text program:
I don't want to use the generic text app that came with the phone. Can I somehow disable it or turn it off. I use Handscent app. Problem:when I receive a text it comes in twice, one from the droid default and the Handscent.
What program do you use to sync your phone to your desktop? It's a huge problem for me (everyone?) The Google Calendar Sync program is TERRIBLE. I know it's a huge Google problem. Unfortunately its my problem too, and its too important not to have working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

Thank you all very much!
Harvey

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. How do I stop SPAM from coming to my phone:
I have 2 email accounts. One is sbcglobal that I have to keep because that's how everyone knows me. Spam gets seperated on my PC, with Spam going to the spam folder. Not on my phone; I get tons of SPAM. Not sure if they are coming from my SBC or Gmail account?

I get very few emails from Gmail. Ocaissionally I will and Spam goes to the Spam folder, and good emails to the Gmail inbox.

You'll have to manage your spam settings from whatever account they're coming from. The phone itself has no inherent spam filters, and will download anything that makes it through your provider's spam settings. The e-mail itself will tell you what account it went to, so you can track it down that way. Gmail has a nice web-interface for reporting and stopping spam.

Not sure about this one, sorry.
I don't want to use the generic text app that came with the phone. Can I somehow disable it or turn it off. I use Handscent app. Problem:when I receive a text it comes in twice, one from the droid default and the Handscent.

Go to the default messaging program > Menu button > settings > disable notifications
What program do you use to sync your phone to your desktop? It's a huge problem for me (everyone?) The Google Calendar Sync program is TERRIBLE. I know it's a huge Google problem. Unfortunately its my problem too, and its too important not to have working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

What exactly do you want to sync? There are several sync solutions available, but they do different things in different ways.

Thank you all very much!
Harvey

Responses in red

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Like you, I have two email accounts. I get spam in both. The email client on my computer does a great job of filtering but I've not found the same to be true on my Droid.

Open you calendar and tap menu and select week. Now close the app and it will remain in the week view.

Disable the notification in the stock app.

My calendar and email sync automatically so I do not have any issues. What have you tired that is not working?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The double text question.... as others have said go into the stock messaging and disable "notifications".... and also make sure you disable "auto-retrieve" in the stock app.