Google Calendar Sync

cjkellyjr

Reaction score
HI. I've been using my VZ Droid for about a month now and am concerned about whether my calendar is getting synced. Google sync is on in my phone setup. But where is the image of my calendar. I can't find anything in gmail. One post on calendar sync talks about a folder in Windows XP at documents and settings/user name/........../google/google calendar sync/ . there is no such folder on my desk top computer. The folders are there up to the google folder, but there is no /google calendar sync/ folder. I see some procedures for setting up email that use Outlook. I don't use Outlook and have no desire to. I've searched on "google calendar sync" but all the posts assume everything is already working OK.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HI. I've been using my VZ Droid for about a month now and am concerned about whether my calendar is getting synced. Google sync is on in my phone setup. But where is the image of my calendar. I can't find anything in gmail. One post on calendar sync talks about a folder in Windows XP at documents and settings/user name/........../google/google calendar sync/ . there is no such folder on my desk top computer. The folders are there up to the google folder, but there is no /google calendar sync/ folder. I see some procedures for setting up email that use Outlook. I don't use Outlook and have no desire to. I've searched on "google calendar sync" but all the posts assume everything is already working OK.

Welcome to the forum, cjkellyjr! We're glad that you've decided to join us! In your quest for the solution to the Google Calendar sync, did you happen to read this thread? It's one of the best ones I've seen out there. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/10541-droid-hints-google-calendar-sync.html Just let us know if you're still having issues with this. Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
C

cjkellyjr

Reaction score
Yes, I have read the Droid Hints post you reference. It's the source of problems I refer to in my original post. It suggests looking in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Calendar Sync\logs. As I said, I have no such folder on my XP computer. Second, it has some instructions that begin with "These instructions are related to any version of Outlook..." I don't use Outlook and don't want to use any client based email system. I now use Yahoo's web based email. The gmail system is also web based so I have no problem with that. I don't what my desk top vulnerable to email transported malware if I can help it. Is Outlook a requirement for syncing my calendar?

OP
C

cjkellyjr

Reaction score
I'm sorry. No one told me I had to open a Google account, not a gmail account. The nice folks at the Verizon store duly opened a gmail account for me, but not a Google account. Nor did they tell me I should open one. Today I opened a Google account and after a few gyrations on Google's part, THERE was my calendar, all synced. If the Droid Users Manual tells you to open a Google account I didn't notice it. Please warn other newbies!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sorry. No one told me I had to open a Google account, not a gmail account. The nice folks at the Verizon store duly opened a gmail account for me, but not a Google account. Nor did they tell me I should open one. Today I opened a Google account and after a few gyrations on Google's part, THERE was my calendar, all synced. If the Droid Users Manual tells you to open a Google account I didn't notice it. Please warn other newbies!

Glad you got it resolved and thanks for the follow up, cjkellyjr. I use the Corporate Calendar and that syncs with my Exchange calendar, so I never really fooled around with the Google calendar. I'll be sure to pass this on.