Sound recording issue

henrikkhach

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One E9+
Hi everyone

I own a HTC E9+, but unfortunately there was no separate section for this phone in this forum, but i think the sound technology in M9 and E9+ may be the same, so i decided to post my answer here.

I usually use my phone to record sounds especially musical exercises in studios, till now i was using some Xperia phones and they did this very well with brilliant sound quality, but in HTC I experienced pure results. It has a distorted sound, I think because of its compressing system and used codec system.

does anyone have the same problem, or is there any solving way
( I use Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder for recording in both phones)

thanks in advance

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, henrikkhach! One of our staff, @94lt1, does a lot with music and recording. I don't believe he has experience with the M9 but he may know of some apps or other things you could try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome...I gave up using Android to do any kind of recording. It was just so far behind ios and nothing was being developed, so I have everything tracking through consoles and routers but its powered by windows...sorry I can't help you more..

I do know that recording from devices like tascams if handled correctly and not too "raw" can be easily accepted into most Android devices with decent sound quality..however most sound quality on mobile devices, even at this stage is like this... ° a centered point of a finished product.. Clean and crisp..then when reduced to an mp.3 its distorted and looses a lot of its "integrity"..

OP
H

henrikkhach

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One E9+
Hello and welcome...I gave up using Android to do any kind of recording. It was just so far behind ios and nothing was being developed, so I have everything tracking through consoles and routers but its powered by windows...sorry I can't help you more..

I do know that recording from devices like tascams if handled correctly and not too "raw" can be easily accepted into most Android devices with decent sound quality..however most sound quality on mobile devices, even at this stage is like this... ° a centered point of a finished product.. Clean and crisp..then when reduced to an mp.3 its distorted and looses a lot of its "integrity"..

Hi,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately in most cases i have to use my phone to record sound, e.g. lectures or tests for some instruments in shops, and my sony xperia did this well. i love my HTC but sound recording was disappointing.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm wondering if there's an app that we just don't know about that might help with this.

I know there have been phones from different manufacturers whose video camera apps have offered options like "concert mode" which did their best to keep the sound from clipping/etc.

You would think someone would have taken that concept into recording just audio. Some sort of leveler app or something...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would do what I did in college..I had a small tape player..I would ask the professor to hold it in his shirt pocket and have it record the entire time..I'd get it back after class..that professor was really cool though...idk if all professors would allow that..I kinda doubt it..