sound problem after getting wet

eddisgetti

Reaction score
Had my razr maxx in my pocket today pants got wet. phone was in my pocket. didnt think about it till later. phone rang later and seemed low. checked volume. it was at full volume. rings just low sound. no sound coming from speaker when playing audio. speaker works when using speaker phone. Earpiece does not work at all. when I plug in a headphone jack it works fine through earphones. took the back off and it got some water in it. not a lot just a little. water blew out of the speaker hole the earphone jack and the earpiece. phone was upside down in my pocket I think. Any ideas?

B

Bakerboy448

what type of water?
turn it off and toss it in some uncooked rice

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Turning it off might damage it further... just rice it as is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
E

eddisgetti

Reaction score
It started working last night just fine. I have no idea what happened. possibly some type of circut protection. I don't know. Thanks for the help. goin to order an otter box now.

dmwoods

Reaction score
Someone had left a comment about dropping a phone in a puddle during hurricane Sandy and having the same issue. He downloaded SoundAbout and it worked for him.

jestexman

Reaction score
Someone had left a comment about dropping a phone in a puddle during hurricane Sandy and having the same issue. He downloaded SoundAbout and it worked for him.

I know this is an old thread but.... I just saved me some ins money (90.00) by using this SoundAbout app.. I fell in the lake this weekend with my phone in my pocket.. turned the phone off and left it in my dash in my truck in (texas) heat for about 5 hours.. It go so hot it told me it was in cooldown mode.. Charged it up and it seem to work fine for about a day... Then yesterday the earpiece speaker would not work.. seem like the mic was not working either unless i used speakerphone.. i could only make call using speakerphone.. so today i thought well at least i can use the speakerphone until i can come up on 90 dollars for the ins replacement..

i guess my phone is confused.. on what to do as far as a phone call goes.. But using this soundabout app calls are working fine now.. i brought this thread back from the dead in the hopes of helping someone else in my situation.. (broke with a wet broke phone)

GoodDay

Jesse B