Sorry to sound ungrateful, but I'm tired of wiping for every update. Any options?

thetomas

Reaction score
Sorry to sound ungrateful, but I'm tired of wiping for every update. FOUND A SOLUTION

I'd like to keep root and go to .602 but, for now, it looks like it's going to require an sbf to .340 and a wipe, then a jump to .602. This is probably the third time I've had to take this circuitous route to the latest version and it's getting tiresome. Is there any hope for a patch from .596 to .602 that retains root? And, since my phone really "ain't broke," if I choose not to update, how do I permanently get rid of the update notification?

Thank you.

ekf028

Reaction score
Do a backup and then when you get to 602, do an advanced restore of data from the backup. That's what I have been doing with all the leaks.
602 rooted update available in team black hat app and should be publicly available soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

thetomas

Reaction score
Yeah, I've done the backup in preparation for the point when I inevitably cave to the desire to always have the latest OS, but that hasn't come yet. I'm still hoping for an easier path. Thanks for the reply, though.

OP
T

thetomas

Reaction score
So, my wishes have (mostly) come true. I was able to use this method .602 rooted without SBF'g or wiping! after flashing an odexed .596 rom over my deodexed system. I'll have to remove bloat again, and I'm looking forward to a deodexed version of .602 (I want my battery and screen powerdown mod back) but i didn't have to wipe or reinstall anything.

Just remember, with that method, .596 has to be STOCK (bloat intact, no mods, odexed? (not absolutely sure it has to be odexed, but probably) but can have root.

Good luck.