Sorry to say goodbye...

Apprazer

Reaction score
Im not gunna be like everyone else and agree, but i have to agree with GB roms tripping on the Droid.

I think you just did :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not busting on the ROM, I love 3.3.1 and all that it brings. And I think the OP is just sad that he had to give up on GB, I know I will miss it terribly. I am just having too many little issues that I really didn't experience under froyo. For example, I use swype as my keyboard. Tried all the others and it's the best for me. Anyway, the swype feature (which is why I use it) goes away after a few days and I'm hunting and pecking like a standard keyboard until I uninstall/reinstall. Not a biggee, but doing it twice a week really sucks.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Im not gunna be like everyone else and agree, but i have to agree with GB roms tripping on the Droid.

I think you just did :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not busting on the ROM, I love 3.3.1 and all that it brings. And I think the OP is just sad that he had to give up on GB, I know I will miss it terribly. I am just having too many little issues that I really didn't experience under froyo. For example, I use swype as my keyboard. Tried all the others and it's the best for me. Anyway, the swype feature (which is why I use it) goes away after a few days and I'm hunting and pecking like a standard keyboard until I uninstall/reinstall. Not a biggee, but doing it twice a week really sucks.

[Ssshhh. Come on man, I know I agree'd.. Just didnt wanna be a twin and agree to everything] Lol..

Have you tried Liquid 1.8? I havent had not one problem yet. I know this is Ultimate Droid's forum but give it a shot. Never hurts.:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
UD is where my phone grew up for just over a year now. I have seen a lot come into development like the whole couple weeks of ROM manager. I cannot find another ROM that has the custom settings like UD. Its the most intuitive for me.

I have a few bugs with 2.5 and I am more happy with old school than GB but I guess the grass is always greener for me. lol...

robbienick

Reaction score
in fact, ud3.3.1 does not seem to like my d1, either. but ud3.3.0 is working flawlessly. nobody has the same experience???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did you only use UD? You should try another rom like CM7. CM7 has the latest and greatest and seems to run the best. I haven't had a single problem with it. I am running my own custom build of it so I have a few of my own custom changes.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Well for the time being at least Im saying goodbye to UD, it may sound stupid & be a trivial issue especially since he does this all for free for us UD followers, but the lack of communication, updates, anything that comes from the UD team is minmal at best, & even going to his facebook page u will find mixed emotions as well, from people praising the rom (which i did to) to people asking for thier money back who had signed up & donated to getting the "nightlies" that by some peoples account have now turned into "monthlys" but again one must remeber he does do this for free & i cant even imagine the hours that go into development, but Im a people person & his seemingly lack of respect & communication to at the very least to those who have donated I dont understand, even at his "home" forum is there very rarely a post or update from him, much less here. Again I will say that I know he does this for free, & I agree some of the releases are excellent, & Im sure he is now bizzy updating it to 2.3.4 & I know that when a new release comes out I know I will give it a try & hopefully it will be as good as back to 2.5 standards & greatness....

Last edited by a moderator:

Apprazer

Reaction score
I never did understand the nightlies for a fee. I mean, they all got rolled up into a free version of the ROM eventually, you just needed to wait a week or two ... or three :)

But since I own the D1 and there are so many new phones/pads with much more capacity to exploit, I can't imagine many good developers hanging tight and supporting their older platforms forever. They've moved on, at least that's how it appears to me, and maybe they will have an opportunity to make some money in the future with what they've learned to date. I'm just not going to spend much $$ jazzing up a phone that isn't being supported by the manufacturer any more and I doubt the developers are going to spend much time either.

I just put 2.5 back on, with a solid kernel and I'm trying to tweak the look with a theme and some metamorph files. This was the last stable (on my droid anyway) rom and I like the customization it provides. And, I have all that was broke from 3.0 on working again. Still hate the "Emergency Calls Only" on the lock screen though. :blink:

Ripster

Reaction score
Going back to stock???...seriously??? While you're at it, whip out those 8-tracks and platforms. C'mon. These devs deserve massive props. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a Froyo ROM will be the most stable. But Gingerbread ROMs are almost as good and you're running the latest-n-greatest...ultimate bragging rights. Android 2.3.4 on an OG Droid!!! It's crazy. Cyanogen is a good baseline, but Liquid is the ultimate dev and his ROM support is second to NONE. So put the crack pipe down and don't give up just yet...there's a ROM with your name on it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Going back to stock???...seriously??? While you're at it, whip out those 8-tracks and platforms. C'mon. These devs deserve massive props. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a Froyo ROM will be the most stable. But Gingerbread ROMs are almost as good and you're running the latest-n-greatest...ultimate bragging rights. Android 2.3.4 on an OG Droid!!! It's crazy. Cyanogen is a good baseline, but Liquid is the ultimate dev and his ROM support is second to NONE. So put the crack pipe down and don't give up just yet...there's a ROM with your name on it.

Haha! That's awesome

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Yes I would def agree about Liquid, its what I am currently running & so far it has been very impressive, both Liquid & Chevy's ran exceptionally well on my droid, its a toss up between the two.

OP
craigs93

craigs93

Reaction score
I want to clarify something... At no time have I said anything derogatory about ANY of the Dev's. The work that they put in has been nothing short of amazing.
My problem with using ROM's and Kernal's is that my OG Droid MUST be a phone 1st. My work isn't going to give a darn why I didn't answer the call...only that I did not pick up. I can put up with the App problems, LP Lag, App crashes, and even the battery issues to a certain extent. But the Phone MUST WORK!!
I honestly believe that most of the problems I am having are due to the OG Droid, not the ROM's. We are trying to cram too much into a 1st generation phone.:lifting: This is not the Dev's fault. From what I am reading, the Gb Rom's are doing fantastic things on the newer phones.
As the title of my original post states..."Sorry to say goodbye" and I mean it. I was forced into the decision I made by job requirements. Nothing more.

UD - You ROCK!!:icon_ banana:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To anyone wondering what happened to UD including myself, the Dev is from the Memphis, TN area which I got from his last post on Facebook. I'm not sure exactly where though but it appears that the area has been hit hard by storms. There has been major flooding and evacuations. At least 300 homes were flooded. With this information, I'm thinking UD has more important issues to deal with and probably does not have the time or maybe even a way to give us an update. Lets just all hope he is OK and eventually he can resume work on UD.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
To anyone wondering what happened to UD including myself, the Dev is from the Memphis, TN area which I got from his last post on Facebook. I'm not sure exactly where though but it appears that the area has been hit hard by storms. There has been major flooding and evacuations. At least 300 homes were flooded. With this information, I'm thinking UD has more important issues to deal with and probably does not have the time or maybe even a way to give us an update. Lets just all hope he is OK and eventually he can resume work on UD.

I've gotta assume UD wasn't affected since he's posting updates on FB lol...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but there hasn't been an update since April 28th.