Sorry to say goodbye...

craigs93

Reaction score
I really hated to do it, but I had to put my phone (Droid 1) back to stock. Ever since GB came out, I have felt that I had a toy that didn't quite work, rather than a phone. Everything looked great and scrolling was superb, but nothing really worked well. Navigation kept losing GPS, The phone would crash if a call came in while in Nav, random app crashes, random reboots, ADW and Launcher Pro had SERIOUS lag issues.
I rebooted, re-flashed, wiped everything with TI, with Nandriod and with clockwork...same problems. Tried over 5 different Kernals from different devs. I wasted over 10 hours trying to get a stable phone.
When I missed a critical phone call from my job because the phone crashed (again), I went home, and reverted back to stock.
I have to admit that I was surprised how well the phone works. I have only had one app crash (known issue with the app, not the kernal or ROM), I was able to keep most of my apps, and everything just WORKS.
I will keep an eye on UD and will hopefully take the plunge again if and when I upgrade my trusty D1. But considering the problems with the D1 and GB...Sorry!!

Apprazer

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying and have been gathering information and files to revert back to something. Too many problems, but I give all GB based ROM developers a ton of credit for getting us very close. I'm starting to accept the D1 has it's limitations.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about just going back to 2.5 for a while and then back to stock if necessary. But 2.5 was very stable on my phone.

wallratt

Reaction score
Same thing for me as well. Gb does not like my phone but i will never go back to stock. I am sticking with U.D. 2.5 It runs super smooth for me and not a single problem. Im runing 2.5 with RZR recovery and chevy's 1.2 lv kernel. Getting quadrant scores in the mid 1600's and could not be happier.
Thanks to Black Droid and ChevyNo1

Reaction score
Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
I really hated to do it, but I had to put my phone (Droid 1) back to stock. Ever since GB came out, I have felt that I had a toy that didn't quite work, rather than a phone. Everything looked great and scrolling was superb, but nothing really worked well. Navigation kept losing GPS, The phone would crash if a call came in while in Nav, random app crashes, random reboots, ADW and Launcher Pro had SERIOUS lag issues.
I rebooted, re-flashed, wiped everything with TI, with Nandriod and with clockwork...same problems. Tried over 5 different Kernals from different devs. I wasted over 10 hours trying to get a stable phone.
When I missed a critical phone call from my job because the phone crashed (again), I went home, and reverted back to stock.
I have to admit that I was surprised how well the phone works. I have only had one app crash (known issue with the app, not the kernal or ROM), I was able to keep most of my apps, and everything just WORKS.
I will keep an eye on UD and will hopefully take the plunge again if and when I upgrade my trusty D1. But considering the problems with the D1 and GB...Sorry!!

Welcome back! Don't feel bad about going back to stock. I've been on stock since I got my DroidX over 6 months ago. I considered rooting, then decided against it.

The phone has to be able to do some basic things without the need to hack it:
Proper backups/restores
Screenshots
Some system level stuff (startup configuration, etc)

I can do the above on a Linux PC without root privilege, hacks or custom ROMs.
Is that too much to ask of Google for Android?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
the funny thing is my og droid 1 ran fantastic on ud3.3 it actualy made it run better. i think its true that every device is different. what works on my droid will make your droid crash. but the funny thing is i just switched to the thunderbolt and couldnt wait to root and debloat and just make it mine.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Why go back to stock? Why not just load up a froyo Rom?

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

shmoo

Reaction score
Have to say I'm with the guys above. I ran many different GB ROMS and skads of kernels just trying to find something that would work. I finally got fed up with having to always fidget with my phone. So I went back to 2.5 and fell in love with my phone all over again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this too...i don't remember how ud 2.5 was but did it have the theme chooser? or was that a gingerbread only thing?

Apprazer

Reaction score
this entire thread makes no sense.

i'm going to get out of here now.

It's pretty simple, GB isn't running as solid as we would like on the D1, so we're going back to a more stable operating system. Make any sense now?

I was thinking about this too...i don't remember how ud 2.5 was but did it have the theme chooser? or was that a gingerbread only thing?

No, you have to flash themes under 2.5, theme chooser is a GB thing.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sourcery 2.2 is a Froyo based rom with a built in theme chooser, kernel chooser, bootanimations chooser and much more.

I to was on several GB roms and with all the effort put in to them none would work smoothly on my phone.

Link to Sourcery for whoever is interested, best Froyo Rom out there. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sourcery-rom/128957-sourcery-rom-2-2-a.html

If you decide to try it, download 2.0 first and then 2.2 and gapps. Don't flash 2.2 right away, it will put you in a boot loop.

Reaction score
Sourcery huh? Ill have to look into that because now that im back, all the cool stuff that existed back then have dead link to the files that were uploaded. Themes, original apps, custom docks that I find are usually dead.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Im not gunna be like everyone else and agree, but i have to agree with GB roms tripping on the Droid. HOWWEEEVER, I flashed Liquid's new rom last night and I must say, IT IS FLY! I think it's worth the shot. It is working ALOT better than UD, PE, BB, ZZ, XX, TT, YY and all the GB roms created. I appreciate the work everyone has done, but maybe my phone likes Liquid.