Sorry mods not sure where to post google voice?

chadgqx

Reaction score
Sorry mods not sure where to post google voice? counting your minutes...

Ok so if I use google voice to make a call and its to a verizon number....will this now count on my minutes? Or is this considered DATA???

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance

Chad:motdroidvert:

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
GV calls are never data. GV isn't VOIP. If you're looking for VOIP with GV you need a VOIP solution (Gizmo5, etc).

Have you searched and read the existing GV threads? I'm sure this has been discussed many many times before.

OP
C

chadgqx

Reaction score
Mostly invite talk when i search.... really want to know if i can use my gv number and not incur additional costs.....

chad

OP
C

chadgqx

Reaction score
So if i get this right using a google number while talking to a verizon phone would cost against your minutes, otherwise it would be free.... right??

iPirate

Reaction score
So if i get this right using a google number while talking to a verizon phone would cost against your minutes, otherwise it would be free.... right??
yes

but there is a way to add two #s to your friends and family and all GV calls would be free

I don't know the details, maybe someone else can explain it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes

but there is a way to add two #s to your friends and family and all GV calls would be free

I don't know the details, maybe someone else can explain it

I'm really confused. I checked to see if certain calls I made on Google Voice were counted against my monthly amount and they wern't. I'm going to check this again.