Question about Google Voice

NyczVegeta85

Reaction score
Ok, so I got my invite finally and now I hear that google voice will use my minutes while calling another person? I thought it was free calls in the U.S.? And second, if it's using my minutes for a call whats the point of having another number and calling my mother(whos also verizon). And instead of being free it charges my minutes?
Lastly, is there a way to use my Verizon number and send/recieve free messages through it without using the google number to send ? Like I have my verizon voicemail to be setup with google voice. any help will be appreciated.:icon_eek:

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey vegeta you have any invites to spare? I been tryin to get my hands onto this thing for weeks. PM me if you dont mind helping me out =)

vrrm

Reaction score
@NyczVegeta85: some good features of Google Voice are voicemail, forwarding to multiple lines, and cheap international long distance.

lschmitt

Reaction score
I just finally got my Google Voice account hooked up today. I sent for an invite about a month ago and just got the email yesterday. I went with using my verizon number for now but I might get a google number, just waiting to see what the real perks are before I try and tell all my family and friends that I have a new number, again! Any suggestions would be cool:)

BTW: Will I get invites for G Voice?

lschmitt

Reaction score
Hey vegeta you have any invites to spare? I been tryin to get my hands onto this thing for weeks. PM me if you dont mind helping me out =)
@phatkat66

I went on google voices website and put in my email. They sent me one in about a month. The wait is worth it from what I keep hearing about it.

orangepeel

Reaction score
I just finally got my Google Voice account hooked up today. I sent for an invite about a month ago and just got the email yesterday. I went with using my verizon number for now but I might get a google number, just waiting to see what the real perks are before I try and tell all my family and friends that I have a new number, again! Any suggestions would be cool:)

BTW: Will I get invites for G Voice?

You should.If not now you will in a few days or a couple of weeks.

Look on the bottom left and see if it says "Invite A Friend" and click on that. I had 3 invites gave to me.