Sorry if this was beaten to death.

Reaction score
So I was hanging out with my friend the other day and has an OG Droid like I do. I noticed he had one of those raised keyboards and I had a flat one. I just did some google searching and got to a long thread on these forums about the two different types of keyboards and read the whole damn thing from page 1-21.

Apparently it ended up being split between people saying that the keyboard bubbles over time and that it came that way from day 1.

Please don't kill me for asking this, but is there absolutely any correlation between rare raised keyboarded phones and rare white led phones? This of course being if the phones shipped with the raised keyboards and have not gotten like that from use.

Maybe the raised keyboarded phones were randomly manufactured and also contained the white led. Who knows? but it would be cool if that was the case.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Truly this is just manufacturing differences. And where'd the white LED come from. I had raised keys on both D1's I had and the keys were a greenish tint.

end of line...

OP
R
Reaction score
Just had my friend with raised keyboard try the message led change to white and it worked, no joke. Just saying...

To clarify, in some custom roms you can mess with led notification colors and for some people it worked when they changed it to white and for othered it didnt.

I was just curious if maybe there was a connection with the raised keyboarded droids and white message led droids.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok I see. The notification LED. Well once again, different facilities, different suppliers, manufacturing variances. Plain and simple. Doubt there's any correlation between the two. One week they get a shipment of LEDs that can go white, next week not. Same with the keyboards.

end of line...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've also read that the first D1's had raised keyboards and the later ones didnt. But what jstafford1 said makes sense.