soooo I bricked my phone

MonKENy

Reaction score
I got the update do JBsourcery 2.3.5 and went to update w/rom manager. Had a low battery and didnt even think about it. Needless to say phone went to reboot never came back on. Ive charged it for a little while now and it wont turn on at all. So theres that.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of swapping for a SGS3 anyway maybe this is what i will do then.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try putting it on the charger and see if it will enter charge only mode. If it doesn't, you'll need either an external battery charger or a replacement battery to fix the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to help you (as would many others I'm sure), but you have to have a charged battery before anyone can help. Once you have that, boot into recovery and try wiping /data and re-installing your ROM. If that doesn't work, you can always fastboot back to stock.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
yeah then im boned. My battery wont show any charge at all. What the hell happened?

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
Im bringing it into verizon for a swap tomorrow. If they do get the phone up and running they are going to void the warranty on the spot wont they.

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
ok so lots of new developments.
Took the phone to the store because I couldnt get anywhere w/them over the phone. The guy tries to turn it on and it wont do anything just dead.

We try for an hr to get me into a different phone and not lose my unlimited data cant do it, then to get me a new nexus and replace the broken one again w/out losing unlimited..cant do it.

So he finally gets it to turn on into the fastboot menu neither one of us knows how. So they try to reactivate it and whatever they try it keeps trying to knock off my unlimited plan.

Finally Decided to just take it home and try to reactivate late w/the phone reps. What a PITA it was. took 4 reps 2 hours over 2 days to get my nexus up and running and back on my plan w/out removing unlimited.

Im going to make a thread about my experience later and go into detail. I think people will be interested since I learned a lot about the new verizon system.