uht oh! did i brick my phone?

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
i rooted my droid and put lithium mod rom on it which ive been using for a couple months now, havent had any problems till now, i havent done anything like change roms or anything like that recently and all of a sudden it started ringing thru the top front speaker that u listen to when ur talking on the phone but it wasnt my regular ringtone, i tried rebooting it and now it wont boot up, it shows the boot screen but gets stuck there, its not a boot LOOP, it just gets to the last part of the boot animation and sticks there, tried rebooting into recovery and it wouldnt do it by holding vol down+power, i got it to go into recovery by holding x+power, then tried to do a nandroid restore and it says the MD5 checksum is incorrect...at the moment it wont turn on at all but it might if i keep messing with it, anybody know wtf i did or wut is wrong or how to fix it? i really hope i didnt brick it!

USCChem

Reaction score
Have you tried connecting it to power? Maybe you're just out of battery. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to brick a Droid without actually physically damaging it.

bomber889

Reaction score
Might want to charge it for like 30 minutes through a wall charger and then see what happens

OP
xBabyBoy4021x

xBabyBoy4021x

Reaction score
ya it was going dead but it was plugged in the whole time i was messing with it, i got it working now, i had to wipe data and cache, every time i tried to restore it said my md5 checksum was wrong, i found out that the cause of that was that i changed the name of the restore after creating it