Soon to be iPhone to Droid Conversion!

cramit

Reaction score
I am trying to get AT&T to waive my ETF. Once I know if they will on Monday I will be getting a Droid! I am so excited. I love how open the droid is. I am a tinkerer at heart and have missed being able to customize my phone to make it work the way I want it too. I am especially excited about Android Scripting Environment (ASE), which lets you use a variety of scripting languages for on phone programming.

I am a High School Technology Teacher, with courses in Pre-Engineering, Programming, and Small Engines. I currently live in Concord, New Hampshire

hackthedroid

Reaction score
Just canceled an iPhone plan, they didn't waive my ETF. They discount you $5 per month of service off the ETF.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Well, not to be a naysayer, but don't 'jump shark' quickly. I would say check it out before you go.

Given you are an iPhone user, I got my Droid and had some people poke around with it. I will say that there are some who didn't like the 'feel' of it. Some believed it was 'faster' than the iPhone, but I think your results will vary for many.

I know that for myself, there are some things I would like a little different as I use a Blackberry Storm for work and this is more of my personal phone.

I will say I find I am still learning a lot about it, so if you love your iPhone, I would seriously caution you to examine the Droid before jumping to it. :) I know with Verizon they have a 30 day trial with it, which I am also trying, but I find people hate 'hassle' at times too and ETF is sort of an annoying hassle. :)

OP
cramit

cramit

Reaction score
Well, not to be a naysayer, but don't 'jump shark' quickly. I would say check it out before you go.

Given you are an iPhone user, I got my Droid and had some people poke around with it. I will say that there are some who didn't like the 'feel' of it. Some believed it was 'faster' than the iPhone, but I think your results will vary for many.

I know that for myself, there are some things I would like a little different as I use a Blackberry Storm for work and this is more of my personal phone.

I will say I find I am still learning a lot about it, so if you love your iPhone, I would seriously caution you to examine the Droid before jumping to it. :) I know with Verizon they have a 30 day trial with it, which I am also trying, but I find people hate 'hassle' at times too and ETF is sort of an annoying hassle. :)
I have been an iPhone OS user for almost 2 years and am very disappointied int he performance of iPhone OS 3.0. It has made my phone very slow. I am also unhappy with my AT&T coverage. I do not get service in my Apartment, nor do I get service at the school I work at. I have been waiting for Verizon to have a non-terrible phone, and the droid fits the bill. I think I will get the ETF waived because the AT&T coverage map shows my apartment as having moderate to good service, where in reality I have NO service. My wife has Verizon and gets great service in our apartment and at the school where we work.

keiichi25

Reaction score

I have been an iPhone OS user for almost 2 years and am very disappointied int he performance of iPhone OS 3.0. It has made my phone very slow. I am also unhappy with my AT&T coverage. I do not get service in my Apartment, nor do I get service at the school I work at. I have been waiting for Verizon to have a non-terrible phone, and the droid fits the bill. I think I will get the ETF waived because the AT&T coverage map shows my apartment as having moderate to good service, where in reality I have NO service. My wife has Verizon and gets great service in our apartment and at the school where we work.

Yea... I used to be a T-Mobile user, and before that AT&T (Before they took over Cingular) and had a lot of problems with their service. I happening to live in California and within 1 year, we had 3 major wild fires that knocked out the power. The Gap Fire in July 2008, I lost service that I opted to go to Verizon since Santa Barbara has a really strong Verizon network, especially for a person who lives near the boonies. :)

I have some AT&T iPhone coworkers who love their phone, one of which happened to live in the Bay Area and hated the fact her service was crap up there, but down here in Santa Barbara is pretty darn good.

Anyways, have fun with the Droid. I know right now I am still learning a lot of things, like customizing it, trying to find interesting Widget and apps to make it worth my while. I will admit, I like the look of it, especially being able to not have everything look like a row of icons. :)

OP
cramit

cramit

Reaction score
Anyways, have fun with the Droid. I know right now I am still learning a lot of things, like customizing it, trying to find interesting Widget and apps to make it worth my while. I will admit, I like the look of it, especially being able to not have everything look like a row of icons. :)
Thanks. I do love the look of the screens and really love the widgets. Oh, and by the way; nice Laughing Man icon!