Soon to be former Blackberry user

forkup

Reaction score
Just an intro from another soon to be former Blackberry curve user jumping ship from crackberry.com :)

JFDroid

Reaction score
Nice to meet you!

I just got here too. I'm trading in my Storm for a Droid next Friday, and I really, really can't wait much longer for this new phone! So tired of my failberry... granted, BlackBerry phones are pretty cool, but I'm really liking the Droid and Android 2.0.

I'm ordering online because employees can't order in store due to company policy :/

I'm really hoping that if I order around 12:30 or 1:00am on Friday that the phone gets to me on Saturday via free overnight shipping.

OP
forkup

forkup

Reaction score
I haven't decided what route I'm taking to get the droid yet. I keep hoping vrz will allow pre orders before the 6th.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to both of you! i recommend you both look into the best buy threads, as far as i can tell, they will be doing the $100 rebate instantly in-store. this would be a good alternative since you don't have to wait on shipping or the rebate to arrive.. enjoy the site and don't hesitate to ask questions!

JFDroid

Reaction score
welcome to both of you! i recommend you both look into the best buy threads, as far as i can tell, they will be doing the $100 rebate instantly in-store. this would be a good alternative since you don't have to wait on shipping or the rebate to arrive.. enjoy the site and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Well, I'm not an employee of VZW, but I'm on an employee account and live with the person that holds the account and is employed by VZW. I've been told to order through Verizon's website on Friday morning because the phone should arrive on Saturday via overnight delivery through FedEx. But, the main reason I'm being told to do so is because we have two lines eligible for upgrade, and we are hoping for a BOGO on the Droid. Not sure if it will happen, but BOGOs aren't usually announced for devices at launch until maybe 1 day before release. And, as an employee account, we'd get 30 days to do the paperwork in the store to get the BOGO, but the BOGO wouldn't be applicable if I ordered through Best Buy.

Otherwise, I would already have been at Best Buy :)

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Welcome to the Droid-Side Guys !!!

I am not going to TRADE my Bought and Paid for Storm1 back to VZW. I am keeping it as my nightstand Clock/mp3 player :D

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i dont think were alone in this jump....

from what ive seen a good percentage of BIS users are jumping ship and not looking back...

Now BES users are kinda SOL :p

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont think were alone in this jump....

from what ive seen a good percentage of BIS users are jumping ship and not looking back...

Now BES users are kinda SOL :p

We are certainly not alone. Maybe this will wake RIMM up a little :rolleyes:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
The Moto Droid is going to CUT into RIM sales Big Time !!! No Doubts on that one. Just look at all the guests just on this forum alone. Everyone hungry for any Droid news worth reading or seeing.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
oh, I joined that one right away, as soon as I found it ! ;)

GasGas332

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just about to upgrade online to the storm2 when the droiddoes ad came on tv. I went to see what this was and found this great looking phone and OS (I hope). I stopped my upgrade and started looking for everything on the Android 2.0 and droid phone, I like what i see so far.

2 questions: 1 will i be able to get my email that is sent to my verizon.net account to my phone without exchange?

2 I could of upgraded to the storm2 for 79.99. Do you think I'll still get the $100 upgrade, $100 online discount plus the $100 mail in rebate? I can only hope FREE:)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just about to upgrade online to the storm2 when the droiddoes ad came on tv. I went to see what this was and found this great looking phone and OS (I hope). I stopped my upgrade and started looking for everything on the Android 2.0 and droid phone, I like what i see so far.

2 questions: 1 will i be able to get my email that is sent to my verizon.net account to my phone without exchange?

2 I could of upgraded to the storm2 for 79.99. Do you think I'll still get the $100 upgrade, $100 online discount plus the $100 mail in rebate? I can only hope FREE:)

First on the discounts. All your discounts will apply to this device as weel. Like NE2 and all. So it's believed to be $200- $100 NE2 discount = $100.

On the email. What i'm thinking is i'm going to sign into my server at home. Then set the email to forward instantly to my gmail acct and save then on the server for me to pull down using outlook at home. This will ensure prompt delivery to my device ;)