Soon To Be Droid Owner!

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Hello Droid fans!

My name is Matt & I'm from NJ. I currently am using an old Blackberry Curve 8330 but my contract is due for an upgrade in less than a month (November 11!) & I can't wait to finally get my hands on a Droid! I have been following the Droid since Droid 1 was introduced & although I've never had one I've been impressed with some of my friends who do. I've been a happy Verizon costumer for 6 years & will never switch to AT&T nor do I have any desire to get an iPhone even when one does come out for Verizon soon. I've always been a fan of the cell phone wars & phone industry. I joined Droid Forums because even though I pretty much know what phone I will be upgrading to, I just have a few questions (which I will post in the correct forums) before I make a final choice. Right now it's between the Droid 2 & Droid Pro. Basically I don't want an all touch screen phone since I had a bad experience with the Samsung Omnia 1 & ended up buying my Blackberry on ebay because I couldn't stand that phone anymore. I've only had the Blackberry since March lol. I'm glad to be a part of a new community. See you in the forums!

~Matt

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello Droid fans!

I pretty much know what phone I will be upgrading to, I just have a few questions (which I will post in the correct forums) before I make a final choice. Right now it's between the Droid 2 & Droid Pro. Basically I don't want an all touch screen phone since I had a bad experience with the Samsung Omnia 1 & ended up buying my Blackberry on ebay because I couldn't stand that phone anymore. I've only had the Blackberry since March lol. I'm glad to be a part of a new community. See you in the forums!

~Matt

Welcome to the forums. :)
First the omnia was not a great phone. I personally hate windows mobal. Second the touchscreen phones now are a lot better. If you realty like your blackberry stick with that format you will most likely be happier. But make sure you stop by a vzw store and tryout both phones before you buy.
Have fun.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Quicksilver7714 I do plan on playing around with the different Droid models at my Verizon store. Once I actually handle each device that will make my final decision. But yeah I do like the feel of my Blackberry which is why I like the Pro concept. Warrior21 I like your avatar ;)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your welcome. Hope you find what you want.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.