Soon to be Driod

yellowxboy

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've been thru a few Window Mobile phones (Dash/TouchDiamond/TouchPro), Sidekick1/2/3, 2 BlackBerrys (8330, 9630 currently using) in the past and i'm about ready to make my first jump into the android platform. I have about 3 more months left until i can renew my contract with Sprint so i'm going to get the EVO 4G hopefully, although i just saw the Galaxy S Pro branded for Sprint so i'm not 100% sure on which to get.

Why Sprint? I've been using my 25% work discount for the longest time and now that i am unemployed, i cannot make the switch to verizon because i will lose my discount, haha!

I've been a long fan of the BlackBerry but ever since I left work, the 9630 is slowly becoming boring. There doesn't seem to be enough apps to make the phone any fun. RIM's OS development is really slow and there is nothing new. OS6 looks more like a new theme than a software upgrade. That and i got screwed over buying the 9630 and less than 10 months later, the 9650 BOLD comes out (blah blah blah).

Anyways, I'll be browsing the forums like crazy trying to absorb anything and everything i can before i actually make my first android purchase. Looking at all the killer themes that are out right now makes me drool dancedroid

See you all around!
Yellowxboy

OP
Y

yellowxboy

Reaction score
thanks MiXoLoGiSt :icon_ banana:

i browsed thru lots of the FaQ pages but i have one question. I see tons of Droid phone talk (obviously since this is DROIDforums) but is this is the right site for the Sprint Evo as well? I couldn't find anything for the EVO but i do know that it recently got full root so maybe things are brand new and nothing is out yet?