Something weird - help maybe?

Coots

Reaction score
Unlocked, rooted and got clockwork going. Installed ROM Manger, Busybox Installer etc.

I was going to go make my first backup using Clockwork.... so I went to ROM Manager and hit 'Reboot into recovery".... I got a Android guy laying on his back with a Red Exclamation mark out of his chest....

Thing is, if I just turn the phone off, hold the up and down, use volume to go to Recovery..... it boots into clockwork.....

Just curious if this is something that happens to everyone or is it something I've fubbared along the way.

Phone runs fine, no FC's or anything.... was going to go for the REVO HD Rom though ;)

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
By the way, when I hit to install Clockwork Recovery from ROM Manager it gave me two options... CDMA & GSM..

I only assumed CDMA - so anyway... any idea why ROM Manager won't boot into recovery by hitting that option?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sounds like the stock recovery you're booting into. maybe reflash CW?

captdroid

Reaction score
OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies peeps. The instructions I followed were from Droid Life, I will do these above.

Is there a free alternative to root explore, or should I just drop the $4 and get it?

I tested our methods by doing the following:

Went to ROM Manager - flashed clockwork, it would boot into it no problems. So unless you delete or rename that file it goes to stock recovery I suppose.

Artimis

Reaction score
estrongs file explorer seems to do everything root explorer can plus more and it's free (have to enable root options and system writable in the settings).

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
You guys will have to help me one more step if you can. Keep in mind, still fairly new to using Root Explorer etc.

I bought Root Explorer, went to /System/recovery-from-boot.p

Long pressed, chose "Rename" and it gives me a popup that says

"Warning

recovery-from-boot.p cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only."

So this tells me I need to make it read / write... I just don't know the proper steps to do so.

Thanks in advance.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Totally overlooked the button at the top right that says *Ahem*... Mount R/W... nevermind :)