cant get into clockwork!!!PLEASE HELP!

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
I had hashcodes bootstrap installed. I had 2 gingerbread spots saved in clockwork recovery just in case something went wrong when i was installing CM9 ICS. Well i think i installed a nightly update instead of the actual CM9 file first. OOPS. yeah im retarded, noobing it real good lol. Anyways, i can get into the normal recovery screen but when i go to bp tools to get into clockwork like normal...it just stays on the motorolla screen and wont go anywhere. the same thing happens if i try to just turn on my phone. If i hold down the two power keys and go into the other recovery options i can find the clockwork file and it says there is a restore point but selecting it just goes to an empty folder. Im pretty perplexed. What do i do?

TheCometRider

Reaction score
By "Hashcode's recovery", I assume you mean Safestrap. Did you uninstall that? Safestrap won't use cwm backups,and you can't have both installed at the same time (not successfully anyway). If you are intending to use cm9, try doing a factory reset from your stock recovery (or whatever recovery you can get into (assuming you still have Safestrap installed). As soon as it gets doing the factory reset, do it again while you are still in the recovery. After you have done 2 or 3 factory resets, try a normal reboot. This should get you up and running. Just so you know, the nightlies are full versions of the rom (at least the official ones are). So, you didn't necessarily make a mistake by installing the latest nightly.

Let me know if the factory resets don't work.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
I can only get into stock recovery, and i think somehow safestrap got uninstalled along the way. im not entire sure to be honest. But when im in stock recovery i did 3 factory resets and it still just stays on the motorolla screen. I have RSD lite up and i was trying to flash the cm9 file but rsd lite says the xml file is wrong or something so im not really sure where to go from here?

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
So yeah i guess safestrap is uninstalled. Is there a way to use RSD lite to get my phone back to normal? also, for future reference do i use safestrap for cm9?