Cant Boot into Clockwork

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
Ok so after returning from a deployment im trying to update my droid x to gingerbread and the latest liberty. i was on liberty froyo or w/e from way back, i SBF to .340 i take the OTA to .605, i root with D3, i install rom manager and liberty tool box, flash clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 from rom manager, download liberty 3.0 from toolbox, fix permissions in rom manager, but cannot for the life of me get it to boot into clockwork in order to flash the liberty mod. from in the toolbox where it says install i try that and it just reboots like normal.

How can i get into clockwork, or what in the world am i doing wrong i know it has to be something small and stupid.

thanks in advance.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to use Droid 2 bootstrap to get into Clockwork.

X

OP
Z

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
On my Droid X? So i have to purchase and download Droid 2 Bootstrap then everything will work ?

phatreno

Reaction score
bootstrap

did bootstrap for droid 2 take care of your phone getting into clockwork im having same issue,also running liberty .used to work till i had to sbf my phone now i cant get into clockwork.im using droid x

Savagerun

Reaction score
did bootstrap for droid 2 take care of your phone getting into clockwork im having same issue,also running liberty .used to work till i had to sbf my phone now i cant get into clockwork.im using droid x
If your on gingerbread go in settings > applications > development and make sure usb debugging is unchecked before using droidx bootstrap on gingerbread. Droid2 bootstrap is recommended for GingerBread its just an updated version of droidx bootstrap but don't uncheck usb debugging if you use droid2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

phatreno

Reaction score
bootstrap into clockwork

If your on gingerbread go in settings > applications > development and make sure usb debugging is unchecked before using droidx bootstrap on gingerbread. Droid2 bootstrap is recommended for GingerBread its just an updated version of droidx bootstrap but don't uncheck usb debugging if you use droid2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thanks for the info been trying to get onto recovery for weeks. Didn't even think about checking usbdebugging ,saved me a headache

BugginOuT

Reaction score
Long story short, I've attempted to update my DX to Liberty 3 and it went on a continuous loop on boot.

I've SBF my Droid X back to 2.3.3, where I did the OTA Verizon update to .605 then .621

Prior to the OTA updates, I've loaded Z4root mod, Rom Manager, Droid X Bootstrapper, and Astro File Manager with no errors on Root access. Since the update, I can't boot into recovery mode and USB Debug is disabled.

What else can I try to get into ClockWorkMod Recovery so that I can load up Liberty v3?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
on the latest update... 621... there is no root available for it... and your unable to sbf to an earlier version like 602... so...

BugginOuT

Reaction score
on the latest update... 621... there is no root available for it... and your unable to sbf to an earlier version like 602... so...

I should be able to SBF back to default from .621

I spent almost 4 hours last night, trying to get it to work with the correct build and finally got it stable at .621

So from what you're saying, if I SBF back back to 2.3.3 and only proceed to update to .605 (only available from Verizon), I should be ok?

Savagerun

Reaction score
What Nemo is saying is that you can't do any other sbf pre621. The only sbf you can do successfully is 621. So in other words your stuck unrooted on 621. Unrooted of course till a root method is developed.

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums