Reboot in clockwork

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Everytime I reboot, I reboot into clockwork mod. I'm running Liberty 2.0 and just flashed Redline theme earlier today. Any suggestions? Should I just restore back to limeslice and let it bump? Or any suggestions? I did it all through liberty toolbox, which I like alot. It's easier. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is normal. Bootstrap hihacks the stock boot process. If you don't want it to boot to cwm then open bootstrap and select bootstrap recovery then ok and your next reboot will be normal.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Thank you much. But should I leave it like that? Would that help if I ever bricked?

Sent from Liberated Droid X

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct. It will help if you get stuck. You can always restore a backup. I prefer to leave it alone.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Well before I asked that, I did what you said before thinking about it. Lol. How do I get it back? Because I would feel much better knowing I could do that

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open bootstrap app, bootstrap recovery, ok, reboot recovery and it will reboot and it should be back in place.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks man! I appreciate it!

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Another question. My market is force closing. It wont even open. Should I clear the data? Or is there another market I can get? Like a custom one?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wipe data. settings/apps/manage apps/all tab/ market/force stop/wipe data

jcbaumer

Reaction score
Is there any way to run clockwork if I have a broken camera key? I would live to update to liberty 2.0 but not sure how with out the cam key?

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
How are you installing the rom, through clockwork? Only reason you need to use your camera button is for bootloader..or am I wrong, still a rookie here

jcbaumer

Reaction score
Using cwm to load rom from sd card.. the reboot menu needs the camera button for enter.. was probing to see if there was a program that uses touch screen input.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Dang. Broke camera button just sucks bad. Lol. I haven't read about any other input methods, but by no means am I saying that there isn't any. Lol.

el80ne

Reaction score
y0h DroidX'er or anyone else that might know? Are you aware of a way to force reboot into clockworkmod recovery at boot with sequence of keys like there is to force bootloader/recovery/safe mode?

Thanks for all your assistance so far and to anyone else who could spare their time to help.

kilahimm

Reaction score
y0h DroidX'er or anyone else that might know? Are you aware of a way to force reboot into clockworkmod recovery at boot with sequence of keys like there is to force bootloader/recovery/safe mode?

Thanks for all your assistance so far and to anyone else who could spare their time to help.

Not sure about a sequence of keys, but try pulling the battery and waiting a minute or two and try again. That tends to work after a while for me. If you able to boot you can reboot into bootstrap via the toolbox or in the toolbox set it to boot into bootstrap for every boot.