Reboot in clockwork

el80ne

Reaction score
Not sure about a sequence of keys, but try pulling the battery and waiting a minute or two and try again. That tends to work after a while for me. If you able to boot you can reboot into bootstrap via the toolbox or in the toolbox set it to boot into bootstrap for every boot.

Ah thanks, but I was wondering if there was a way to force into clockwork mod without having to deal with the toolbox much like how you can force into flash mode by holding down the volume down button and camera button on reboot. This is necessary in cases when you can't even reach the toolbox due to a boot loop or other instance.

No worries, I found the answer from cwmod's home site which I'll repeat for anyone's convenience here:

Using hardware button combination on most Android devices:
On most Android devices including ones by HTC, you can enter recovery by powering your device off and then powering it back on while keeping either the ‘Volume Down’ or the ‘Volume-Up’ button pressed, depending on the device. This will enter the bootloader from where you can select the ‘RECOVERY’ option by navigating to it with the Volume key and entering it with the ‘Power’ key. On most Samsung devices specifically Samsung Galaxy S series devices, you must keep both the ‘Volume-Up’ and ‘Home’ keys pressed while powering on the device, to directly enter recovery.

wildbill86

Reaction score
Turn phone off. When you turn back on, pull battery at droid eye. Next reboot will be clockwork mod.

Sent from my rooted D2G