Something very cool has just happened

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I accidentally got it wet :(

I let it dry out sufficiently, but the little dude was toast :'(
For any device, it's important to pull the battery (and any cards) as quickly as possible and to leave it out until the device is completely dry (easily a couple or a few days).

how much was the protection plan?
Did you read the OP? It's in there... ;)

iPirate

Reaction score

For any device, it's important to pull the battery (and any cards) as quickly as possible and to leave it out until the device is completely dry (easily a couple or a few days).

I did read then i came back to the thread and forgot.

$10 isn't bad. I guess if you get insurance, this would be a better deal than Verizon's.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I did read then i came back to the thread and forgot.

$10 isn't bad. I guess if you get insurance, this would be a better deal than Verizon's.

Doesn't cover loss or theft though. But on the flip-side there is no deductible.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Oh meant to ask the OP. When you originally bought the Droid did you pay full price or a 2yr contract price???

OP
AKValle26

AKValle26

Reaction score

I immediately took the battery out and left it in like 90deg sun for 10 hours. I probably would have waited longer but I really needed to use my phone, which sucks cuz I didn't get to use it anyway. Also, like a week later when I took it to bestbuy they told me there were signs of rust on the phone

Oh meant to ask the OP. When you originally bought the Droid did you pay full price or a 2yr contract price???

I didn't pay retail. I paid the $199 on-contract and then bought the $10/month protection plan.
Which is awesome because now I get the droid x, but I get to keep the same contract end date as my original droid