Something like Setcpu?

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Is there some kinda app or widget that shows what speed i'm running at that moment? Maybe something that displays it on the notification bar. Like when you go into Setcpu and you see the speed jumping up or down. I want that displayed all the time

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not just use setCPU?? The latest release has a 'live' widget that will show you the current clockspeed (though be warned any such widget/service is going to use a lot of cpu cycles and thus battery)

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I do use setcpu and I just DLed the update but i'm not should what to set the active part to? When I put it on passive, it just says Setcpu on top of the widget. If I change it to a set amount of seconds, does that mean it will refresh every whatever seconds i set it at and display it on top of the widget? I changed it to 5 secs and it just says 550mhz on top. My min is 550 and max is 1100

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do use setcpu and I just DLed the update but i'm not should what to set the active part to? When I put it on passive, it just says Setcpu on top of the widget. If I change it to a set amount of seconds, does that mean it will refresh every whatever seconds i set it at and display it on top of the widget? I changed it to 5 secs and it just says 550mhz on top. My min is 550 and max is 1100

Exactly, unless you are actively in an app or something you're going to be on the min setting most of the time. You could shorten the refresh rate (it used to support 'real time') but it's going to drain a lot of CPU and battery. Unless you are having some performance problems you are trying to track down it's really kind of a waste, and then there are better ways to track the problem.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Droid Overclock has a nice widget. I thought of implementing that but it would drain your battery having the service running for literally every second. would be cool though.

harrellj

Reaction score
Is there some kinda app or widget that shows what speed i'm running at that moment? Maybe something that displays it on the notification bar. Like when you go into Setcpu and you see the speed jumping up or down. I want that displayed all the time

Go into SetCPU and click on the profiles tab. At the top is a checkbox for notifications. If checked, you'll have your current speed (and profile) viewable in the notification bar.