Problem with SetCPU/Battery Left widget

debacle

Reaction score
I have the SetCPU and Battery Left widget on my main screen and run a version of Froyo Kangerade with the 1.0 Chevy Med kernel. I have also experienced this problem running bb 0.4 and a LV kernel from Chevy as well. Since removing both of those widgets I am no longer encountering this problem.

So here it is, when unlocking the screen it is just black and shows none of my icons. A right or left swipe will not work, but I can pull down the notification screen. Basically, the loading of widgets and icons is frozen. Sometimes I get a FC, sometimes after a long time (30+) seconds it will finally show up.

Anyone else encounter this? I am going to let it sit overnight, then try it again in the morning. If I still cant replicate it with both widgets gone, I will try to add one or the other and see which one is creating the problem.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I have the SetCPU and Battery Left widget on my main screen and run a version of Froyo Kangerade with the 1.0 Chevy Med kernel. I have also experienced this problem running bb 0.4 and a LV kernel from Chevy as well. Since removing both of those widgets I am no longer encountering this problem.

So here it is, when unlocking the screen it is just black and shows none of my icons. A right or left swipe will not work, but I can pull down the notification screen. Basically, the loading of widgets and icons is frozen. Sometimes I get a FC, sometimes after a long time (30+) seconds it will finally show up.

Anyone else encounter this? I am going to let it sit overnight, then try it again in the morning. If I still cant replicate it with both widgets gone, I will try to add one or the other and see which one is creating the problem.

Make sure all of your widgets are installed on internal memory and not on the SD card.

OP
D

debacle

Reaction score
Well, started up fine and perky this morning. So it is obviously the widgets. Using Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->APP NAME, both of them look to be installed internally. SetCPU gives me the choice to move to SDcard, while battery the move button is grayed out. So I am assuming both of them are on internal memory. I will try to install the Battery Left widget, but I have a feeling that is the one that is causing the slowdowns.

OP
D

debacle

Reaction score
Have several times after reinstalling different ROMs. Each time I clear the cache and completely swype the droid clean. That way I have a fresh groundwork to lay stuff on. I have switched FROYO ROMs (started at first leaked Froyo around FRF54 and now up to 7/7 Kangerade build) numerous times thinking that could be the problem, but it wasnt.

Ohh, and in SetCPU, I had no profiles set so it wasnt slow recovering from that. I did notice the slowness issue more often when the battery was < 60% or so, but it has occurred at all battery level stages.