Someone help me with this pop up screen i keep getting

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Its a force close notification saying that the Verizon backup assistant has stopped working. Try this: tap menu, settings, applications, manage applications, all (tab at the top). Scroll down until you see the backup assistant and tap on it. When it opens tap on "clear cache". If you don't use that application then you can also tap on "clear data". Then at the top click on "force stop" then "ok". That should stop the problem. Good luck!

OP
D

Dsmith

Reaction score
Its a force close notification saying that the Verizon backup assistant has stopped working. Try this: tap menu, settings, applications, manage applications, all (tab at the top). Scroll down until you see the backup assistant and tap on it. When it opens tap on "clear cache". If you don't use that application then you can also tap on "clear data". Then at the top click on "force stop" then "ok". That should stop the problem. Good luck!

ok thanks. i did this, seems to be working so far, hopfully it fixed it!!

SLeepdepD

Reaction score
I was getting this too. I uninstalled the updates (since I can't uninstall the whole app, I just did the updates) and I'm no longer getting the message.

Incidentally I uninstalled all updates for the bloatware apps I never use--Backup Assistant Plus, Blockbuster for HTC, NFL Mobile, Slacker Radio, Verizon Tones, and VZ Navigator. My phone seems to be running faster and saves me ~32 MB of internal storage. The only update I do have is for My Verizon Mobile because the update is actually smaller than the stock version.

If you do this don't forget to uncheck Allow automatic updating for these apps, if you have it checked.

It sucks having all the updates listed in my Play Store and not being able to use Update All, but I usually install the updates from the web anyway.