Somehow managed to pre-order this thing today

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Trouble

Reaction score
I just tried the same thing myself, and they said they didn't have it yet. I will try again in a little bit. What was the overnight charge?

etavadia

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with customer support and ordered my Bionic. It will be delivered tomorrow first thing in the morning. Had to pay $9.99 for overnight delivery. Worked out better than expected since I wouldn't be able to go a VZW store.

Hope you can do the same!

~E

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I just tried to order through a CSR via *611 and it didnt happen :(
Said they wernt available for pre-order. Guess I have to go into a store tomorrow. *sighs*

yiannis

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with customer support and ordered my Bionic. It will be delivered tomorrow first thing in the morning. Had to pay $9.99 for overnight delivery. Worked out better than expected since I wouldn't be able to go a VZW store.

Hope you can do the same!

~E

So once you activate your Bionic tomorrow, your DX will stop working as a phone or in the VZW network and all the contacts in your account will sync, etc?

Overnight delivery for $9.99? by whom, UPS? How do you know it's a first thing in the morning thing?

etavadia

Reaction score
So once you activate your Bionic tomorrow, your DX will stop working as a phone or in the VZW network and all the contacts in your account will sync, etc?

Overnight delivery for $9.99? by whom, UPS? How do you know it's a first thing in the morning thing?
Standard delivery is 2-day Fedex. I paid the extra and got it overnighted through FedEx. Once I activate tomorrow, the DX will be done for and the Bionic will be up and running. Just have to log into my gmail account and all my apps and stuff should sync. Did it before and it was somewhat seamless.

etavadia

Reaction score
I just tried to order through a CSR via *611 and it didnt happen :(
Said they wernt available for pre-order. Guess I have to go into a store tomorrow. *sighs*
She told me the same thing. I told her that I though the phone was released today. She poked around her system and came back and said you're right and got the phone ordered for me. I was shocked!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

Yes. You just log into the same gmail acct as you have on your current phone and your contacts, calender and PAID apps will sync up automatically. And the old phone is deactivated.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
She told me the same thing. I told her that I though the phone was released today. She poked around her system and came back and said you're right and got the phone ordered for me. I was shocked!

I'll just go into the store in the morning and grab one. Only problem is that they're doing an early upgrade for me since I've been having issues with several CLNR DX's. So I have to deal with in store reps who may or may not be willing to read account notes.

Ninjak

Reaction score
Just finished preordering mine from them. It took the rep a little while to find it in the system for some reason, but she did. Got the standard 2-day FedEx shipping. That'll give me time to find the dock since she said they didn't have it in stock. Take that with a grain of salt though since she didn't even know what the Bionic was when I phoned. I'd have gone with the great Costco bundle deal with all the docks and spare battery for $299, but my friend called one of their store reps who said it'd be weeks before they got their Bionics in and couldn't tell exactly when it would be. I forgot to ask confirmation that I'd be grandfathered in for my unlimited data, but I'm assuming that's automatic by now anyway. Now to find some accessories in the store with my 25% discount! dancedroid

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
So what was the price, before and after all the discounts and shipping?
Thanks

Zregnier

Reaction score
Just ordered one through tele-sales. Got them to waive overnight fee since I had to pay $20 early upgrade fee (wtf.) Might not get it until Fri, but happy I don't have to go into the store and talk to those numb-nuts.

Sent from your device through the control of my Bionic.

Ninjak

Reaction score
Just finished preordering mine from them. It took the rep a little while to find it in the system for some reason, but she did. Got the standard 2-day FedEx shipping. That'll give me time to find the dock since she said they didn't have it in stock. Take that with a grain of salt though since she didn't even know what the Bionic was when I phoned. I'd have gone with the great Costco bundle deal with all the docks and spare battery for $299, but my friend called one of their store reps who said it'd be weeks before they got their Bionics in and couldn't tell exactly when it would be. I forgot to ask confirmation that I'd be grandfathered in for my unlimited data, but I'm assuming that's automatic by now anyway. Now to find some accessories in the store with my 25% discount! dancedroid

Update:
Called another rep and was able to get the standard dock (normally $40) and the extended 2880mah battery (about $25, I think). After my 25% accessory discount and taxes, they came to about $56. Had my last new-every-two discount applied to the phone, so that was $250 plus taxes for about $267.

nikecar

Reaction score
He'll probably post a video of the Jets practicing.
lol

I guess it just eliminates the risk of demand outweighing supply. If the phone sells out quickly, it's better to have it a day late than have to wait for the next shipment, whenever that may be. I'm considering pre-ordering tomorrow night, if possible, just to avoid going into the store.

I've had my D1 for about 9 months too long, I can handle one more day.

Brandon

I saw 50 people camped out at Best Buy and the Verizon stores waiting for this. Police were called in to control the unruly nerds waging fake lightsaber wars with their cell phone holsters.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a feeling there will be 1-2 people max camped out at any given VZW store tomorrow morning. And any battles that break out will be "my forum is better than your forum" mostly because no one outside of the forums even cares about this phone yet.