some mysterious problems ive reasearched but cannot figure out with my Maxx HD

darkmedia

Reaction score
this is my first post so before grouching it up, i will say, overall this is a great phone..

However, there are a few things i have not been able to figure out. Let me say also that before i came here asking away i tried my best to figure these things out for myself, and searched the "Droid RAZR MAXX HD" forum here intently . Most of the online resources i have found for the problems either did not match my phone's user interface exactly and could not be followed, or, i followed exactly did not work.

And if this is at all relevant, i bought my phone in early Jan of this year and under my "about phone" it says "Android version 4.1.1 I guess this means i have the Android jelly bean 4.1 os.

1. Keyboard auto-correct:
My most frustrating problem has been the keyboard's auto-correct. In my user interface it shows "Language & input" and for keyboard it shows "Android keyboard(AOSP)". From there it shows "Text correction" and under that category it shows "Auto correction" and "Show correction suggestions". I turn "Auto correction" to "off" and "Show correction suggestions" to "Always hide". It simply doesnt work. When i text the words that my Razr doesnt like, it STILL replaces them with what it likes as soon as i hit the space bar or add punctuation. It would seem that there is some kind of bug with the system software and i havent found any solution for it yet.

2. Google Maps:
It keeps my search history. Doesn't seem there's any way to clear it although ive tried a few things

3. Email Notifications:
Cant get incoming message notifications. In the past i would as able to get email notifications on my phone but now it seems like i dont, and i have to check manually for incoming messages. In my email settings i have my "notification settings" checked on.

These last couple are things that are probably not possible with the current system software but if you have any ideas please go ahead.

4. Intermittent Audio Notifications reminders:
After receiving a notification(from say a text, missed call, email) that plays a notification sound and makes the phone vibrate, the green led will flash but what about and audio reminder if you miss it? Frequently i'm in a different part of the house when i initially get a notification and i would like to be able to hear it from the next room some time later, with out having to physically go over to where the phone is and see the green light intermittently flashing. By the way, my last 6 year old Motorola phone could do this and i miss it.

5. Better calendar notifications:
The problem here is that sometimes i want to be reminded of an event at a particular date/time and make sure i hear it! In the "Calendar" settings, "Ringtones" i am only able to assign a ringtone that i guess they would call a "notification ringtone" that is at max only a couple of seconds long. Its not something you would hear if if it was noisy or you weren't right next to your phone. After the short "Notifications" play, you can only see the light flash, which you would not see in the pocket. The "alarms" function would be a good workaround for this but you cannot set a specific date for alarms.

6. App security:
Is there any way to lock, or password protect any particular apps from anyone who i would not want seeing my content. It would be nice to be able to completely disable for instance someone seeing any incoming texts that i have. I know i can put a screen lock on my phone but thats not what i want.

For anyone that has input on any of these, thank you so much in advance.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Number 2, to clear searches in maps open the app and clear data. I use history eraser to clear searches and yes it clears maps. If you DL it unchecked what you don't need/want cleared. I believe it clears everything by default. I.e. texts, phone logs etc.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Number 1, under input settings you'll notice the settings gear is bright on both android and google inputs. You have to disable them both and whatever you type will be written. Brrrr, its colb uotsdie twoday. No corrections whatsoever.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Number 3; check to see if the one notification per email is checked, default it is checked, unchecked it and it will "beep" with every new email even if it is stacked on an old email.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Number 4, its gone as far as I know, light flow still allows this I believe, but it tends to use up battery, haven't used it in awhile. I miss it too.

OP
D

darkmedia

Reaction score
Thank you so much for responding lloydstrans.

As for the keyboard, it turns out my default keyboard was set to the "Swype" keyboard
Language & Input > Default > Swype

And i had been going into the gear settings for the "Android keyboard (ASOP)" the whole time so of course it didnt work. I think it maybe installed and set my keyboard to "Swype" when i did an upgrade or something.

as for the rest of the problems i'm still having issues:
Number 2: I cant find anywhere to "clear" my search history without downloading a 3rd party history eraser app. I'm trying run as few apps as possible

Number 3:
Email - I cant seem to find any "one notification per email" check box in any email settings. Also i'm confused in settings the difference between "corporate" and "email" they seem to both take you to the same email account settings

Thanks again for the input,
cheers

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
To clear searches in maps, open app drawer>press and hold maps>drag to more options at the top>app info>clear data. Poof gone.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
To find the gmail setting, open your gmail (I'm assuming your using gmail) open settings (lower right)>label settings>notify once. Make sure your on the inbox screen not a message view screen.

OP
D

darkmedia

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. :hail:

The app drawer settings for google maps worked like a charm. :biggrin:

Still having trouble with the email however. I'm using primarily a yahoo and a work email. Neither of which i can get notifications for. I have a gmail too and the settings you suggested were applied and that didnt seem to do it either. Im still wondering why why the settings for "Email" "Corporate" and "Gmail" are all slightly different when it comes to notification options. I originally entered my yahoo email in under "Email" and my work email under "Corporate" when i go to settings it gives me the option to choose setttings for either email... confusing

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Darkmedia I am a hapless clueless virgin when it comes to other email services let alone multiple emails on the same device. But I'll give a shout out to Tis, she has multiple email accounts if my memory serves me right.

OP
D

darkmedia

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. It has been much appriciated. I love my m Maxx H D