go daddy email on droid razr maxx hd problem

jojo_blu

Reaction score
my gmail - no problem on this phone.
i also have a personalized email from go daddy.com
i have used this go daddy email on other android, blackberry's & 2 iphones ( iphones don't like this email. iphone doesn't know how to use the settings)
i tried inputting the email, password, incoming server settings. as soon as i try to go past this screen i get some kind of warning saying something is wrong. i turn the phone off & restart & try all over again. next time i get a warning saying that my user name & or password is wrong when i put in in correctly.

does anyone else have a go daddy email that they successfully got it to work on 1 of these phones?
my last android was a HTC VIVID & it worked fine.

- & the battery is not what they advertise.
- the notification light warns me of missed anything whenever it wants to
- this phone vibrates very little. i don't ever use the ringer. i can't ever feel this phone vibrate
- the camera sucks
i waited 3 months to get this phone. im not 100% satisfied

wcjeep

Reaction score
I have go daddy email on my S3. I recall doing a Google search for the correct instructions. I had trouble with the official directions.

OP
jojo_blu

jojo_blu

Reaction score
the go daddy instructions don't work. i contacted Motorola. they sent me the same instructions as the go daddy. Moto said if that doesn't work, start the phone in recovery mode & clear the cache partition on the device. now my phone is frozen. Fu*ken great.
my phone is only 1.5 days.

OP
jojo_blu

jojo_blu

Reaction score
my phone finally re-booted. it still won't take the email settings. i contacted moto again. i've never got this much resistance from any of my other android phones.
the blackberry takes it like a champ the 1st time. no problems

OP
jojo_blu

jojo_blu

Reaction score
i called moto tech support 800-734-5870 the tech dept. remotely logged into my phone & set up my go daddy email with different server port #'s & SSL ( accept all certificates ). none of this stuff worked for me, but it did for moto tech support.
now im up & running!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I gave up trying to get it to work on my phone, and just downloaded MailDroid and it connected with no issues, using the port numbers. Glad you got it to work though :)

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD

greeneink

Reaction score
my gmail - no problem on this phone.
i also have a personalized email from go daddy.com
i have used this go daddy email on other android, blackberry's & 2 iphones ( iphones don't like this email. iphone doesn't know how to use the settings)
i tried inputting the email, password, incoming server settings. as soon as i try to go past this screen i get some kind of warning saying something is wrong. i turn the phone off & restart & try all over again. next time i get a warning saying that my user name & or password is wrong when i put in in correctly.

does anyone else have a go daddy email that they successfully got it to work on 1 of these phones?
my last android was a HTC VIVID & it worked fine.

- & the battery is not what they advertise.
- the notification light warns me of missed anything whenever it wants to
- this phone vibrates very little. i don't ever use the ringer. i can't ever feel this phone vibrate
- the camera sucks
i waited 3 months to get this phone. im not 100% satisfied

Yes, GoDaddy works.
Set your inbound authentication to PASSWORD.
You may need to change the port.
Outbound authentication needs to be set to PLAIN or LOGIN.
also, you may need to change the port.

I power use my phone for 16-18 hrs and it's 40%+ battery when it goes back on charger.
Check battery stats and see what is using all the power.