Some Galaxy S8s Are Missing Text Messages

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
eorljwqj-jpg.77954

The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are currently experiencing a major bug. S8 users have been reporting in the US that they are missing text messages. This bug started showing up Thursday. This bug effects users on all major US carriers. Apparently switching messaging apps is not helping either. There is no official response from Samsung at this time. You can use other apps like facebook messenger or Hangouts to get communicate with loved ones via text until Samsung is able to get a patch for this bug released. Hopefully we will get an update from Samsung on this soon. Has anyone out there been missing text messages on your S8?

via Technobuffalo

Attachments

• EORljwQj.jpg
    EORljwQj.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2,291

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
lol that happened to me as well with my moto z force like 4 months ago, randomly some of my texts would just disappear and would not be there even if I switched apps same thing. I called Verizon talked to tech support and the only thing that fixed it was when we did a factory reset that problem went away. Maybe its malware or some kind of app running in background causing this issue?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Sounds like a feature to me!

Them: "Hey I texted you the other day and you never responded!"

Me: "Sorry, my S8 never delivered your text."

one of the better ones. keep a link to the article. you may want to use it for future reference if you do not want to respond to a text once they get it fixed.

shockracer

Reaction score
Use VZW messages, it backs up on other devices and your PC. Most times I'll get a text a minute or two before my phone does on my PC.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Use VZW messages, it backs up on other devices and your PC. Most times I'll get a text a minute or two before my phone does on my PC.

when that issue happened to me, I was using verizon messages. Didn't change a thing. I even tried using the stock on wouldn't work. Only way it fixed it for me was a factory reset on the phone.