Some contacts not syncing with Exchange

tcanthony

Reaction score
I just switched to a Droid2 and some of my contacts didn't sync from my exchange server. I had a Windows Mobile phone that worked perfectly. The Droid seems to pick and choose which contacts it wants to carry over. I use a hosted Exchange service which seems to be syncing everything else OK.
Any ideas?

twilliamson

Reaction score
I just bought an Incredible and am running into the same issue. I use Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server. Some contacts are coming over and some are not. I can't tell how it is picking and choosing. It looks like NO CONTACTS that I have in subfolders are coming over at all and those in the main contacts folder are sporadic. This is VERY frustrating since the contacts I need the most on my phone are the ones in the folders.

I originally set up a connection to Facebook and decided to turn that off because it was pulling in EVERY CONTACT from that whether I want them on my phone or not.

Does anyone know how to get the contacts from Outlook folders to show up?

Also, I've noticed that when searching for a contact, if I have them organized in Outlook to File As their company name, when I search for them on the Incredible, it won't find them by their last name - only the Company name or their First name. How weird is that? It should allow you to look for all three.

bgrizzle

Reaction score
The contacts that are syncing are EXCHANGE contacts. The ones that are not are probably google contacts or PHONE contacts.

I am having the same issue with my business partners phone. He has all his contacts in his phone as PHONE contacts and not EXCHANGE contacts so they wont sync...

Notice when you try to add a contact... at the very top it will say PHONE, EXCHANGE, etc...

Also, when under contacts hit Menu > View > and you can view contacts by type... phone, exchange, FB, etc.

I hope this helps.

twilliamson

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bgrizzle, but I have 0 contacts in the phone itself so none of them should be PHONE contacts. They should all be EXCHANGE contacts. I hooked up with EXCHANGE so that all of my information would flow in from there and I wouldn't have to have PHONE contacts. The problem as I have it (and I think the person before me) was that not all of the EXCHANGE contacts were flowing in and there was no rhyme or reason to it. Some of the issue, I think, seems to be that the droid doesn't support contacts set up in folders in Exchange - but that was only part of it.

I downloaded Touchdown and that seems to have resolved the problem since it allows you to choose the Contact folders from Exchange that you want to use on the phone. I'm now seeing the people I was missing before. I just hate having to shell out an additional $20 for something that should have worked on the phone already.

bgrizzle

Reaction score
I completely understand... It does suck that you had to spend 20 bucks, but I'm glad you fixed the problem...

GOOGLE/Droid really needs to work on their MS exchange set up! Contacts, calendar, tasks, and email- including subfolders!