Software Upgrade Rolling Out For Verizon phones

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 4.3 update is done, just awaiting network certification.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bbtkd

Reaction score
Nahum, already did that. Testing bloatware now. LOL

The bloatware testing validates that;

1) The software in question is unpopular and/or so useless that nobody in their right mind would want it
2) The software author is willing to pay to have it be bloatware
3) Must waste a significant portion of valuable memory
4) Must have an Icon and/or name that is similar to a useful app, making it difficult to differentiate as bloatware

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I can tell you that Foxfi does not work again, hope the app developers come up with a fix asap. F dusche bags.

OP
GVLBob

GVLBob

Reaction score
Well I can tell you that Foxfi does not work again, hope the app developers come up with a fix asap. F dusche bags.

FoxFi still works, so long as you don't dismiss the Error dialog box that pops up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Is anyone else unable to boot into recovery after this update? I was hoping it would solve the issue of the failing cache clear from the last update, but I can't even get to recovery mode.

Holding the applicable buttons brings up the S4 screen, and a line of text up top about loading recovery. Then the screen goes black and stays that way until I let the buttons go, at which point, it just reboots normally.

EDIT: Finally got it to work on the fifth try. Weird. Wipe cache still brings up an error, though.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Checked and got notice of update. Took 20 minutes OTA. It still says 4.2.2. The build number changed, though.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My update took almost two hours, during the initial download, halfway through it just stopped, then it went into software repair mode, and then the program just froze, for a bit I had a soft brick phone, so I restarted the software upgrade assistant and manually placed the phone into Odin mode, connected it to the PC and the software eventually was loaded, the most tedious software update ever for me.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My update took almost two hours, during the initial download, halfway through it just stopped, then it went into software repair mode, and then the program just froze, for a bit I had a soft brick phone, so I restarted the software upgrade assistant and manually placed the phone into Odin mode, connected it to the PC and the software eventually was loaded, the most tedious software update ever for me.

Whoo big adventures...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good thing I am familiar with rooting, but for someone who is not, would have been a complete nightmare.

xmguy

Reaction score
How can I block the OTA update with Titanium Backup?

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Did anyones font change since the update? Reading anything is horrible now IMO. I didn't see anything regarding font in the change log but perhaps I missed something.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Did anyones font change since the update? Reading anything is horrible now IMO. I didn't see anything regarding font in the change log but perhaps I missed something.

Mine didn't, at least not noticeably