Software update - service unavailible

mrhague

Reaction score
Anyone haveing issues checking for software updates? I've been getting "service unavailible" for a couple weeks now. It used to tell me "no new updates availible". I'm worried I won't get the update when it comes out. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine has never told me anything..even when it wasn't rooted. If you're stock or rooted with all the preloaded apps still installed, you should be fine.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

bhall238

Reaction score
Not sure why but I get that every now and then, sometimes several times in a row. I try again right after getting that message and it will tell me no new software update available. Make sure you have a good signal, I just did it again and noticed I got the error message several times sitting at my desk; I went outside the building and got 4 bars of signal and it worked. Of course that could be just a coincidence.
You'll never get the truth from Verizon about whats going on. I notice that posts about the supposed update have almost fallen off the first page. I guess about all we can do is wait; it will come when it comes.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Not sure why but I get that every now and then, sometimes several times in a row. I try again right after getting that message and it will tell me no new software update available. Make sure you have a good signal, I just did it again and noticed I got the error message several times sitting at my desk; I went outside the building and got 4 bars of signal and it worked. Of course that could be just a coincidence.
You'll never get the truth from Verizon about whats going on. I notice that posts about the supposed update have almost fallen off the first page. I guess about all we can do is wait; it will come when it comes.

Pretty sure you gotta have wifi turned off, has to look for the update over 3 or 4g

bhall238

Reaction score

Pretty sure you gotta have wifi turned off, has to look for the update over 3 or 4g

I always have wifi turned off, so thats not why I get the error messages. Perhaps it is a signal strength issue then. I was getting 1 to 2 bars inside the building, 4 outside. For what it's worth my 4G has been pretty consistant for the past week or so.