Soft keys backlight issue

roberjac

Reaction score
My only complaint with this phone is with how quickly the backlight for the soft keys goes out when you are in the dark. Is there a way to adjust the time to make the backlight last longer? Right now mine only stay on for about 3 seconds before going dim.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Yep, I didn't like this at first either mainly because the button placement is different than my D1, however I've gotten used to it now and it's a non issue. I did a pretty lengthy Google search yesterday on this topic but didn't come up with any results that were helpful. Sorry..

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
This is a huge annoyance/flaw with the fascinate. I hate how they turn off and then you can't see what button to push. Especially since I came from the Droid where the button placement was different.

Can anybody tell me if there is an app or a way to keep those buttons turned on until I turn of the screen?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like they implemented this for battery longevity, I could imagine how this would be irritating, especially coming from the Original D

I am sure there will be an app for this soon enough, I know on 2.1 for the Droid there was "LED's Hack" in the Market, it was a Root App and the Dev was easy to contact, this might be compatable with the Fascinate, if not now...soon