Droid Key Backlight

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
From what I can see, it's hard to get even lighting on the Droid. There are two bulbs on the right and left side that are fairly bright, it explains why your "back" and "search" keys are brighter than the "menu" and "home" keys.

I notice it a bit during the day, but at night, they appear even. It doesn't bother me at all, as long as the keys work and the light doesn't "bleed" onto the screen.

shademar

Reaction score
Mine are uneven, visible at a normal viewing angle, but no dice from vzw. They first didn't see a problem and acted incredulous that I did, and then the manager came out and showed me some phones that *didn't* have the problem while stating that that they did and it was common to all units. All-and-all a really frustrating experience, especially after my first attempt where they said they'd email me but didn't...I guess if you have a screen issue, they can just look at it, say "what screen issue?" and you're sol.

oh well. I decided to keep the phone because otherwise I love it. I'm completely annoyed at Verizon though (and going to another store isn't really possible for me.)

And on further thought,,,,I'm going to outright return it. If they won't exchange it, I'll cancel my data plan and jump back to my little LG dumbphone. (cringe) Wait the month out and see what gets released, then reconsider the droid in the new unit does not have the same problem,

This shouldn't reset the upgrade clock as I wouldn't have actually upgraded in the case. Right?

Last edited:

synctek

Reaction score
I misread your post - you said "My bottom keys on the droid i returned were not evenly lit"
Thought is said not EVEN lit

My bad:icon_ devil:

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
From what I can see, it's hard to get even lighting on the Droid. There are two bulbs on the right and left side that are fairly bright, it explains why your "back" and "search" keys are brighter than the "menu" and "home" keys.

I notice it a bit during the day, but at night, they appear even. It doesn't bother me at all, as long as the keys work and the light doesn't "bleed" onto the screen.

my new droid is 100% evenly lit. My first one was not at all, but like I said it didnt really bother me. Now that i have one with perfectly evenly lit buttons...it is nice! Would i return it for just that...nah...but the dust under the screen killed me!

OP
kastj

kastj

Reaction score
Mine does this. The bleed is only on the right side and viewable from a dead-on non-tilted angle. I went to verizon and they told me they'd 'find out if it was a known issue' and email me back. Of course, they never did. The bleed bugs me persistently, but it's the only issue I have with the phone. I'm really not sure what to do about it, although I'm tempted to at least go back to vz and tell them their cs leaves something to be desired...

Yeah mine is exactly like that but I went to verizon and they told me other phones did that too. I have looked at other people's droids during the past few days and it just seems to be an inconsistence in the manufacturing like Synctek said.