Soft/Home key setting

mbarr69

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to manually toggle the soft/home keys on or off? I seems that there is a sensor on the screen of the Droid that detects light levels and automatically turns the soft/home keys on or off depending on how much light the sensor detects.

Example: Watching a movie in daylight the soft/home keys dim and turn off. Under low light conditions they turn on.

I would like to watch a movie at night with low light levels and have the soft/home keys turn off. The only way I know around this is to turn off my phone, turn it back on and then start the movie. It would just be nice for the phone to recognize when you are watching a movie and dim the keys.

prismways

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to manually toggle the soft/home keys on or off? I seems that there is a sensor on the screen of the Droid that detects light levels and automatically turns the soft/home keys on or off depending on how much light the sensor detects.

Example: Watching a movie in daylight the soft/home keys dim and turn off. Under low light conditions they turn on.

I would like to watch a movie at night with low light levels and have the soft/home keys turn off. The only way I know around this is to turn off my phone, turn it back on and then start the movie. It would just be nice for the phone to recognize when you are watching a movie and dim the keys.

I agree. is there an app out for this?

akambience

Reaction score
that there is.

you want to download the Screen Filter app. (free) you'll find in the settings, it will give you the option to disable the backlight of the soft keys.